Help! Does Dr. Bertha do VSG?

kward
on 8/4/09 9:32 am
HI,
I started the 6 months process a few months ago...thinking I would have the LapBand...but I am now totally convinced that the VSG is the way to go for my lifestyle and eatling habits.  I will call tomorrow..but it looks like he just does Bypass and bands...

What happens if I need to switch surgeons at this point?  He has the Nut, and Psych reports as well as all of the beginning insurance mumbojumbo!

thanks for input
Kris
miamouse
on 8/4/09 10:44 am - Morristown, NJ
I don't think he does the VSG.  The reports are yours.  You have to ask for a copy of them and hopefully your new surgeon will accept them
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/09 2:01 pm - NJ
Nope -no VSG.  You can get your paper work back.
Tom C.
on 8/4/09 11:56 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I think the reason is the sleeve is not covered by any New Jersey insurance companies. So if you're leaning on doing this, is will be out of pocket.

I could be wrong, and you may want to check into it.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
maryc543
on 8/5/09 12:32 pm
You may have to pay a nominal charge per page for copies, (usually $1.00/page) but moswt offices will just give you the copies.  There are many great surgeons doing sleeves in NYC, but I am not aware of the NJ ones.  If you're not near NYC, try Dr. Greenbaum's office....  he's in Southern Jersey, and he does the DS, so those surgeons are usually very capable of sleeves  (part one of a 2 part DS)...  Good luck,  Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Renfairewench
on 8/6/09 11:34 pm

You might want to consider having a DS rather than a VSG. You might want to look into it. I don't know what your stats are, but it's just a suggestions. You should check out the DS forum.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Most Active
Recent Topics