Holy Name Hospital?

monica196642
on 8/2/09 2:41 pm - NJ
Hi everyone...I am scheduled for RNY on 8/17 but my hospital has changed from where it was originally supposed to be.  I will now be going to Holy Name in Teaneck.  

Any feedback from others who have has their WLS there?

Thanks so much!!

Monica

"All things are difficult before they are easy."
- Dr. Thomas Fuller

“Be the change you want to see in the world.?  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tom C.
on 8/2/09 10:34 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

While I haven't personally been a patient, I've heard this a good hospital.

Holy Name has been honored as Center of Excellence – which means they need to have a great record.

http://www.holyname.org/centers_of_excellence.asp

If you click Surgical Services, one of the C.O.E. services is Bariatric.

http://www.holyname.org/bariatric_services.asp

I believe ALS only aligns themselves with C.O.E. Hospitals, which means you’re in great hands. IMHO I don’t worry so much about the facility, but the surgeon themselves. And ALS has the best bariatric surgeons around. I would have any ALS Doctor operate on me in a swamp – because I trust them and their abilities.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
allisarin
on 8/2/09 11:49 pm - Bayonne, NJ
allisarin
on 8/3/09 12:10 am - Bayonne, NJ
Great hospital. Don't know anyone taht has WLS there but if I lived up there it would be the firstplace I would go.
I was born there and so were 11 of my brothers and sister and many cousins.
Good luck.

miamouse
on 8/3/09 10:24 am - Morristown, NJ
Dang, Dr Bertha gets around!  Holy Name is a solid small community hospital.  They give good care.
Brendan 2 Years :)
on 8/3/09 10:38 am
Hey Monica,

I am also with ALS and am having my surgery on 08/10/209.  I almost picked Holy Name but ended up with St. Peters.   Mostly because of the date but...  I have heard very good things about Holy Name.  We should keep up with each other.  Sounds like we'll be going through alot fo the same stuff at the same time. 

Good Luck and God Bless

Brendan
AngelaEsq
on 9/3/09 6:28 am - Toms River, NJ
I had WLS @ holy name in 2005. WOW! Great experience and wouldn't trade it for the world.
Most Active
Recent Topics