NO WHERE TO TURN

deecee
on 8/2/09 3:26 am - Jersey City, NJ

It has been several months since I have entered or posted anything on to OH. I have had too many injuries in these past few years and my depression has gotten really bad this summer. I don't know which way to turn for help and I need to find help because I am gaining more and more weight I'm now 301, my doctor and I had a talk about my surgery and he doesn't feel that the surgery really worked. I was so sick after my surgery and could eat, drink or smell anything cooking.  I was in and out of the hospital a lot and my stomach never really stopped hurting. Pain is my constant companion and I'm tired of everything especially doctors and medication.

Right now I am emotionally, physically, and financially depressed and I don't see that proverbial light at the end of the tunnel.  I've stopped going to church, talking to friends does not thrill me because they have failed to be there for me in the past.  I don't know anymore what to do I use to think that I had a handle on things but that is not working anymore.  I need to get my head back together before I go back to work next month because if someone says the wrong thing to me I might snap and lose my job.  The pressures of life and family are getting to me.

Deidre

allisarin
on 8/2/09 5:23 am - Bayonne, NJ

Have seem the doctor that did your surgery. Or been back to see the nutritist or the psych doctor. I have gone through a ruff time also. My family as never supported what I went through it took my husband about a year before he understood why I did it. I go to different support groups and also go to many get together with other people just like us. We all need support no matter who we are. I only live in Bayonne and if you want to get together I'm more that happy to help you

monica196642
on 8/2/09 2:33 pm - NJ
Dear Deidre ~
I am praying for you right now.  I understand your battles with depression and I know exactly where you are as you describe how you feel. 

For me, I have clung to a couple of verses which spoke to me when I as most down...

Isaiah 40:31
31 but those who hope in the LORD
       will renew their strength.
       They will soar on wings like eagles;
       they will run and not grow weary,
       they will walk and not be faint.

and.....

Jeremiah 29:11-13

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

I will continue to pray for you...please let us know how you are feeling.

In Christ,
Monica

"All things are difficult before they are easy."
- Dr. Thomas Fuller

“Be the change you want to see in the world.?  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tom C.
on 8/2/09 7:19 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Deidre,

As suggested, go see the Doctor who did the operation and talk to them about your issues. If they are any type of Doctor they will recheck their work and/or have you go for tests to see if anything is wrong. They could also suggest seeing either the Nutritionists and/or the Pysc Doctor for follow-ups.

If they don't, then I would suggest seeing another Bariatric Doctor for a second opinion.

Please, know I am praying for you and I am here if you need.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics