Tuesday - Aug 18th: Inconvenient get together dinner!!

Tom C.
on 8/4/09 9:50 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
KB, it is a Tuesday night. If you can make it .. GREAT !! ... If not,  that's also ok - we'll hopefully get together on the next one !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
gracy72
on 8/5/09 1:15 am - newark, NJ
Tom - I would love for my husband and I to come meet you guys - please put us down for a tentative yes.  To reintroduce myself - I will be having RNY tentatively in November and Jeff (hubby) will foloowing soon after. I'd love to come get the good, bad and ugly from you veterans!    Thanks for the open invite.

Best,

Grace
Tom C.
on 8/5/09 2:42 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Grace,

You and your hubby are more then welcome to come. I hope you can make  it, this way you can hear all the horror stories (jjk) and actually see how people eat months/years after an operation.

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Angelofmusic219
on 8/5/09 12:42 pm - Madison, NJ
I'm game! :)

Becky M. Coming up on 5 years, still working at it.  

Start: 257  Lowest: 177 Current: 200

Tom C.
on 8/7/09 2:40 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

I will be speaking to the manager at Tiffany's to firm things up. Once I hear from him I will post what's the final deal.

In the meantime, here are some meeting request. I hope I don't offend anyone - it's not meant to be that. Just helpful. 

(1) If you want a separate check, please let the server know prior to taking the orders. It’s a hassle to ask the server to do this later on. And some places won’t do this if the crowd is too numerous.

(2) Usually when we do a group meeting, I like to divide check by the total  number of folks at the table, instead of trying to figure out who had what. (If someone brings more than one person, they multiple the total owed by the number of people they have). Now I understand if you only order a coffee and someone else has a Filet Mignon with a 5 lbs Lobster – then we can address that more diplomatically.

(3) Please bring CASH (unless you want a separate check). And please make sure you have an assortment of bills. It’s really difficult to make change when everyone brings only 20’s.

Remember this is a GROUP effort. Please feel free to add your suggestion and/or voice your opinion on any suggestion. AND NO HARD FEELINGS – this is meant to be a pleasant experience.

Tom

radtechmre
on 8/8/09 11:51 am - NYC, NY

Hi!

I can not attend this one since my surg is the 17 but perhaps the coming ones I can attend. It is always nice to meet new faces, especially those who have walked down the wls path before me!!! I am not from NJ but since I live in so close to GW is easy for me to cross over....lol

Mari

Tom C.
on 8/9/09 3:49 am, edited 8/9/09 3:51 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Ok .. I reserved a section for 25. They have the flexibility to add more if you'd like to come and haven't said so. I need to confirm the day before - but again if you decide that morning it's fine.

I explained what our 'dietary" needs may be. They are ok with that. Plate sharing is also ok.

They said separate checks are fine, but please let the server know before you order.

With a crowd this size, the gratuity will be added to the final bill.

I think that's it for now. 

Don't know about you - but I am psyched.

Tom

gracy72
on 8/10/09 6:47 am - newark, NJ
Looking forward to it!  See you then!
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/09 6:36 am - Piscataway, NJ
 Please count me in! :)
Barbi M.
on 8/12/09 6:34 am - Maplewood, NJ
Would love to join you.  I work till 5:30 and could make it by 6:00.  It's ok for a pre-op to join?  Tiffanysis close for me.
Most Active
Recent Topics