Tuesday - Aug 18th: Inconvenient get together dinner!!

Tom C.
on 7/30/09 10:01 pm, edited 7/30/09 10:02 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

A few of you have mentioned you’d like to get together for a dinner. We can sit around, meet each other, share our trials and tribulations and maybe a few laughs. While we want to help each other lose, maybe we can also help each other gain  … a new friend or two (or 5).

Each time we do this, I will try to “move" the location - since no one location will be convenient for everyone.

I was thinking about meeting in Union New Jersey at the Tiffany Restaurant, around 5:30 p.m. (can be later if this is too early).

Here is a link to the website to check the menu:

http://www.tiffanysrestaurant.com/

Here is their menu (opens in a .pdf format – so you will need Adobe)

http://www.tiffanysrestaurant.com/tiffs_menu.pdf

And here is a link for directions (this way you can see how inconvenient it really is)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1637+Vauxhall+Rd.+Union+NJ&sll=40.821083,-74.48158&sspn=0.010766,0.020707&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=addr

Let me know if you’d be interested. Depending on the size, we may need to make a reservation.

If the ‘restaurant’ atmosphere isn’t conducive to your eating style, I can always try to locate a diner.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
laura9488
on 7/30/09 11:10 pm - Denville, NJ
I would love to go. I need to arrange a babysitter so will have to let you know.  Thanks for organizing!
big_ideas
on 7/30/09 11:26 pm - Randolph, NJ
I definitely want to go. Anyone from the Roxbury/Randolph/Denville/Parsippany/Morristown/Morrisplains area who wants to carpool, please PM me.

By the way, I believe the Morristown WLS support group meets that night. I don't usually attend so its not a big factor for me. But I don't know if this will be a conflict for anyone else. Just thought I"d mention it.

Thanks for putting this together, Tom. You're the best!

Considering_It
on 7/31/09 12:35 am
Hi Tom and all the other NJ peeps-
Are preops allowed to join in?  If not, I understand....
I'm not even sure if I could attend this one due to childcare issues and my DH's crazy work hours, but might want to at some point in the future.

Tom C.
on 7/31/09 1:16 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Everyone is welcome to come !!

As for Morristown Support .. uuuuugggghhhhhhhh !!!!! That's why I hate doing these things ;) !!  I could make it the following week - the 25th - if everyone likes that. Let me know. But remember, that the last full week before the Labor Day getaway and I was unsure if everyone would be heading away those last two weeks. And to be perfectly honest, I bet no matter what day/date I chose, there will be a Support Group or something planned. Let me know. And for those who miss this one, we'll have another. I promise.

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
big_ideas
on 7/31/09 3:32 am - Randolph, NJ

You're absolutely right...there will be no perfect day that will work for everyone.

As for the Mo'town group, I only went a couple of times, and that was months ago. I always mean to go, put it on the calendar and everything, but something always comes up!

I would say do what works best for you, and those that can be there, will.

Take care,
Linda

Tom C.
on 7/31/09 4:10 am, edited 7/31/09 4:14 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
it's not so much for me, but what is convenient for everyone. If more people would come if it was switched, so then be it.

Ohhhhhhhh .. and as for kiddies - I don't mind if they come along. I rather they come if it means someone wouldn't be able to make it. Plus maybe they will make some new friends. And if they act up too much, we can always stick them in the trunk ;) !!

Tom

laura9488
on 7/31/09 11:45 am - Denville, NJ
Thanks for saying that about the kids.  My kids are fairly good in restaurants.  Just hard for me to have conversation with them there.  My though process becomes disjointed. LOL
KelB2000
on 7/31/09 4:42 am
Tom,  great idea, i'd love to go! The 18th works for me, but if you switch it to the following week, i'll be away. I'll put it on my calendar as soon as I get the confirmation from you. Thanks!
allisarin
on 7/31/09 8:56 am - Bayonne, NJ
I love to come. I love getting together with others. Linda

Most Active
Recent Topics