Northern NJ doc

miamouse
on 7/28/09 11:35 am - Morristown, NJ
Anyone know of a doc who takes Aetna?  Bertha does not accept it now and I need a doc to follow up with.
thanks in advance
Barbara
checkitout
on 7/28/09 2:03 pm - Newton, NJ

If you find someone please let me know, I just got a new job and am in the same position.

If I cant find anyone I am thinking about just paying for my office visit out of pocket, I don't think it can be more than $150 for the annual visit. My other thought is going to my PCP and getting my labs done thru her.

Any advice anyone?

Stella

Tom C.
on 7/28/09 7:51 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Maybe this link will help

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/a,doclisting/type,46/

It lists all NJ Bariatric Surgeons. If you click their link, and then click their insurers tab you can get an idea who accepts what. But (as with ALS) some information may be out of date - so you'll probably have to call the office just to be safe.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
hockeymom8016
on 7/28/09 9:01 pm, edited 7/28/09 9:02 pm - NJ
I have always had my labs done through my PCP.  As Tom said, check with their office. I have Aetna PPO and they take my insurance.

Tom C.
on 7/28/09 9:52 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Another suggestion ... even if a Doctor doesn't take your insurance, always ask about how they handle out of network benefits. I hear some Doctors will take what the insurance company gives them, and will not back bill the patient.

Again, each Doctor is different - and I guess is also has to do with how they deal with the different insurance companies out there.

Just a suggestion.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
hockeymom8016
on 7/28/09 10:11 pm - NJ
Good point.  I forgot to mention that I have out of network benefits which is why they take my Aetna plan.  Dr. B has performed four surgeries on me and I have paid very little to his office.

Wendy E.
on 7/29/09 1:09 pm - Clifton, NJ
Hi,

I had my surgery with Dr. Gritsus.  He has two offices, on in Pequanack and one in Paramus and he does his surgeries out of Chilton or Valley Hospital.  At the time I had Aetna QPOS and it covered everything through him except the normal co-pays and paid every penny to the hospital.  I now have Aetna PPO and I'm still covered.

Any questions, feel free to pm me.

Wendy
Wendy

miamouse
on 7/29/09 1:22 pm - Morristown, NJ
thanks everybody for the advise.  I'll check it all out!
laura9488
on 7/29/09 9:42 pm - Denville, NJ
Try Dr. Pucci in Denville.  They may take that insurance.
big_ideas
on 7/30/09 8:14 am - Randolph, NJ
I have AETNA and had my surgery with Dr. Ed McLean on James Street in Morristown. He doesn't limit his surgery exclusively to weight loss, but he's done many. If you want more information about my experience with him, please feel free to PM me.

Most Active
Recent Topics