OT...Cape May advice

patski53
on 7/26/09 1:01 am - golden valley, MN
Greetins NJ board members,

My DH and I want to spend a few days at the Jersey Shore.....and think Cape May is it. Suggestions?? Hotel/Inn rates seem to be high.....but it is prime season!! I come to the OH boards often for this kind of advice.........love to get some "inside" clues and advice.

Is there another beach area we should check out? Don't have much time, we're heading out end of the week.......but will be in Allentown for a few days first.
Thanks in advance!
pat
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/09 1:33 am - NJ
Do you happen to be going to the Drum Corps show in Allentown?  Just a guess  :-)

Wildwood is nice too and close to Cape May.  Prime season is always busy but there are a couple of bigger places that might have rooms.

Days Inn - I checked online and these rooms are around $200/night

Sea Gull Motel - Much more reasonable closer to $110/night  - http://www.seagull-motel.com/index.htm

Here's another link that might give you more info - including camping sites if that interests you:
http://www.wildwoods.org/

Good Luck & enjoy the Jersey shore!

Vicki
patski53
on 7/26/09 2:45 am - golden valley, MN

Vicki,

Thanks fo the advice. We'll check out Wildwoods.

Yes, indeed, we are heading to Allentown for the shows. Will you be there? We just returned from Murfreesboro and will head out Thursday for 10 days. Flying into Indy and driving out to Allentown........taking a few days R&R and then heading back to Indy for championships.  It's been a wonderful season........corps are looking so good!

Can't wait to hear more about your drum corps interest.
Pat

Lauren D.
on 7/28/09 11:57 pm - Lorain, OH
 if its just you and your hubs... DEFINITELY come to cape may.  wildwood is better for a younger crowd... the crazy rides, boardwalk, bars, etc.  
Cape May is a town of peace ad quiet: horse drawn carriage rides, victorian homes, a cobblestone outside mall with quaint shoppes... 
I grew up coming on vaca here (CM) and my parents retired and moved here in 2004.  We stayed at the Jetty Motel on Beach Ave.  my teen years, and camped at Holly Shores campground as a child.  
I still recommend the Jetty, as it's (literally) the last motel in the state of NJ! 
Also - tons of B&Bs... I know for a fact that the Mason Cottage on Columbia has one night reservations.  Others may require 2 nights.  
The Atlas Hotel on Beach Ave, the Grand Hotel on Beach Ave, and countless motels on Beach ave.  (which is ON the beach)  

I am in CM now, recuperating from RNY (7/20) with my Ma and Pa!

Whichever town you chose, I hope you have a nice and relaxing time!!

I count protein, fluid ounces, and my blessings everyday. 

patski53
on 7/29/09 5:31 am - golden valley, MN
Lauren,
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate you taking the time to write. I'll check out your suggestions.

Many blessings on your new journey.  Being almost 5 years out, I feel compelled to offer these words of wisdom that were given to me........The first year after RNY it's 80% the pouch and 20% you........the rest of your life, it's 20% the pouch and 80% you.
Hang on to the good habits!!
Pat
patski53
on 8/9/09 8:18 am - golden valley, MN
Lauren,

We just got home from our vacation. Spent two wonderful nights in Cape May. Stayed at a B&B called the Summer Cottage. Loved all of it.........want to go back.
Thanks for the advice!
Pat
ps..how are you doing in your recovery?
Most Active
Recent Topics