question

sweetaim2
on 7/19/09 1:19 am - Monmouth Junction, NJ
I am 4 1/2 years post op and basically doing well. I reached my goal weight, gained some back but has maintained as best I can. I excerise and eat healthy.

Once in a while the same stuff I have eaten bothers me....I throw up at least once a week lately & I get very crampy. I am not sure if its the food or just stress that is going on in my life (long story). Has anyone who has been out as long as me still have these issues?

Thanks,
Amy
amysue36
on 7/20/09 4:38 am - Pittstown, NJ
While I am only 6 months out, my brother is 5+ years out and STILL gets sick ocassionally.  It can be something he ate and was fine with earlier, but it still happens.  Personally, I think that helps keeps his weight down...but that's just an opinion.
Ask your doctor just so you feel better with an expert opinion.
Amy
shaunconnors
on 7/21/09 8:44 am - Millville, NJ
I am also 4 years out.  I still get sick sometimes, that keeps me honest.  Like you I gained about 30 of the 200 I lost.  I have also had a very stressful year. 

Keep up your exercise and healthy lifestyle, talk to your doctor if the vomiting persists...I am inclined to think of it as a blessing, that keeps you on track...

Good Luck!!

Shaun
Krissy
on 7/27/09 2:58 pm - Cranford, NJ
Hi Amy... congrats on your succseful weight loss!!

Stress is a killer...for all us us on some level or another. Keep the faith... go back to basics after a day of vomiting... day 1: clear food day 2: full foods day 3: pureed day 4: semisoft foods...etc...it will keep you in check.

Remember that your overall dietary goal is to optimize the nutritional value of the small portions of foods you eat so you get the nutrients your body needs to be healthy. Portion sizes for meals should be no more than six to eight ounces total, and this should make you feel full or at least “satisfied." Develop an awareness of your body’s signals of satisfaction, and be in tune with your body’s early feelings of fullness.

I know no one wants to hear this....BUT...(im going to say it anyway...lol)  I suggest that you keep a diet journal if you don't already.  The web site fitday.com has a great FREE online program that makes entering what you eat very easy.  This way you can tell not only what calories you get, but what nutrients & fat.

Learning to accept the fact that your body needs to be at a certain weight is a good way to stop the vicious cycles of dieting.  Engaging in a healthy eating and exercise routine, will allow your body to go to the weight it wants and needs to be at. Learning to love and accept who you are, will help you to accept your body's weight.  Keep up the good work!

~Krissy
Most Active
Recent Topics