Question from a newbie

francene K.
on 7/13/09 1:27 am - perth amboy, nj
Hello to all!
I am hoping to have lapband surgery "any week now"!
I have been waiting to hear from my surgeon's office for over 2 months. I called 5 times during this waiting period and each time I called I have been told the same exact thing.
"Dr has not yet worked on your chart"
Yet when I was asked (in early May) during the consultation, when I would like to have the surgery, I responded with, "late June".
It is now mid July and Dr has not even begun  my chart OR submitted anything to my insurance.
Has anyone been thru this?
I have already seen all the necessary Dr's for clearance...been thru (and paid for upfront) the psych eval and the nutritional consult.
Surgeon name - Dr D. Jean-Baptiste
and I hear nothing but wonderful things about this Dr.!

Is any of this this the norm?Thank for y our help!
Fran  :)
Ladysweetthang
on 7/13/09 1:00 pm, edited 7/13/09 1:19 pm - NJ
I had that bull happen to me  from Jean Baptiste. I decided to go somewhere else and boy am I happy I did. I don't care what anyone else have to say about him..He's full of it in my book....I typed on my Oh page that I was going to switch surgeries. I know some of his staff visits Obesityhelp.com because the secretary told me she saw what was on my page... When they knew I was leaving not only did I get to speak to him personally ...  I was approved the next day  or so..Once you decide your going to leave he'll get to your chart fast. My cousin was going to go to another surgeon also and she was approved and Dr. Baptiste knew he had to hold on to her .So She was approved on Friday and operated on that wednesday ...If he doesnt want your 1,600 or 1,850 however much it cost now take it to someone else...I only had to pay 250 with my doc some docs have fees some don't...you should not have to chase your surgeon he should be chasing you...My mom is still waiting on her labs...It's been months....

Watch Hot Momma Drop it Like it's Hot..

hockeymom8016
on 7/13/09 9:26 pm - NJ

The question is if his service is this bad now, what will it be like as a post op?  Not very good signs in my opinion.  You may want to consider looking into another surgeon. 

frogger528
on 7/14/09 6:38 am
I know from my own experience with my surgeon's group I had my consultation on Wednesday - was given a surgery date at that very appointment and had insurance approval by Friday. Waiting months for the doctor to even get to your chart seems ridiculous to me. and like hockeymom said - if this is how you are treated in the beginning what will it be like once you are banded and need to get in touch for any kind of reason???

Tom C.
on 7/15/09 10:38 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
My advice .. Get another Doctor

My other advice .. Go with Advance Laparoscopic Surgeons (Dr. Abkin, Bertha, Iannace)

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics