North NJ Newbie with questions - Choosing a doctor

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/09 12:48 pm - NJ
I will also jump on the Dr. Bertha bandwagon!  I started out with a lap band about a year ago, and due to severe reflux, had it removed and was revised to the RNY in April.  Dr. Bertha did all 3 surgeries and he is fantastic!  The insurance was all handled by his office and they did a great job with that too.

The two times I had to have emergency unfills I got in the same day and had it done.  

Nothing but good things to say about him!  He is wonderful - and is very dry and straight to the point, which I love - no bull**** and no sugar coating.  Very down to earth.

Livewell
on 7/15/09 1:48 am - Chatham, NJ
I used Dr. Abkin and I have absolutely no complaints at all.  Everything from the first seminar to the post-care has been wonderful. 

walter A.
on 8/2/09 12:56 pm - lafayette, NJ
read Jenifers post than visit this forum,
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/a,messageboard/board_id,5357/
as about the DS. Go to NY Presbyterian where Bertha got his training.
(deactivated member)
on 9/1/09 2:19 pm - KY
what about Dr. Greenbaum?
Tom C.
on 9/1/09 9:30 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I've heard good things about him.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Considering_It
on 9/1/09 10:05 pm
Thanks - I've decided to go w/ Nusbaum.

Most Active
Recent Topics