HELP! Bergen county NJ or NYC recommendations for weight loss centers

susans6
on 6/30/09 3:52 am
Hi, can anyone recommend weight loss centers or doctors in or near  Bergen County, Orange County NJ or NYC?  I am trying to find a program (do not want surgery) to lose about 125lbs.  If anyone can recommend a program or doctor, I would appreciate it.  Thank you!
maryc543
on 7/1/09 3:17 am
Sorry,  I don't know of any personally....  I have read in the newspapers that Holy Name Hospital has opened a wellness/fitness center that incorporates exercise and nutritional counseling...  You couls call them, the main number is 201-833-3000.....  and they can send you info....    (OK, this is totally off topic....but....  How come I can't remember my friends new cell phone number....but I went to Holy Name School 28 years ago, and still know the main number????)
Back to topic:::::::   Good Luck to you!!!     Mary

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Michelle F.
on 7/7/09 5:48 am
donnieboy
on 7/22/09 2:29 am
HI SUSAN,, I CAN DEFINITELY RECOMMEND MY DR, STEPHANIE VAIMAKIS ENGLEWOOD NJ.. SHE IS WONDERFUL HER STAFF IS GREAT AND THE WAITING ROOM IS LIKE HOOKING UP WITH FAMILY !! TRUST ME YOU WILL LOVE HER AFTER THE FIRST MEETING!!
susans6
on 7/24/09 2:23 pm

Thanks so much for the suggestion.  I looked her up and it seems she is a surgeon.  I can't have surgery because of diabetes and my heart/general bad health.  Did you have a surgery or did she work with you in other ways?  I need to lose over 100lbs.  Thanks for your help!

walter A.
on 8/2/09 12:48 pm - lafayette, NJ

I have 3, yes 3 types of diabetes. a heart condition, apnea, and several other commodities, with proper maintenance they can all be controlled, and surgery is not a problem, and at a good center, its not a problem and will cure or abate some of them, especially the diabetes me-talus type 2, I Started my wls journey at NY Presbyterian, was referred to their endocrinologist, nutritionist, made some discoveries, new medications, lost 30 lbs, found a heart ailment, had surgery at NYU, will have wls surgery as soon as medicare kicks in, insurance issue, I will have the DS. I believe it to be the best, it is the only one I can have anyway, due to anatomical post op from previous surgery.
check out byetta, it will help you loose weight and control you type2.
Most Active
Recent Topics