PLEASE HELP!!!!! Protein Shake suggestions!!!!

duffaupa
on 6/27/09 7:17 am
Hello All, My last meeting with my nutritionist was this week and she told me that she feels that I’m going to have an issue with protein after the surgery. I’m not a fan of the shakes….does anyone have any suggestions???

StaceyNJ
on 6/27/09 7:23 am - Brick, NJ
Go to GNC - try a few things out - if you dont like it you can return them - even individual bottles - there are 100's of kinds - i have to be honest and say I didn;t fidn many I like - and get my protein from actual food...

Stacey

duffaupa
on 6/27/09 7:40 am
Lol…lmao that’s what my nutritionist said…I guess that’s what I’ll be doing this coming week :-)

StaceyNJ
on 6/27/09 7:46 am - Brick, NJ
Hi Patty

Good luck - you will have alot of choices - there was one that I tried in a bottle there that wasnt so bad - I think it was Isopure - I knwo some people have tried the protein shots too and loved them - I think a ton of people like and use Unjury

Stacey

Chopper1
on 6/27/09 11:07 pm
Hi, I am still pre-surgery and know my taste buds will change.  I like the
EAS Advantage shakes (get them at supermarket, wallmart, cvs,etc)  I like the dark chocolate and the chocolate fudge.  i also like the idea that they are pre-mixed.
duffaupa
on 6/29/09 3:09 am
Hi Stacey,   I didn’t even know that protein s******isted….I guess that can be plan B…lol My nutritionist also mentioned Isopure to me as well so I’ll be trying that one shortly :-)   Thanks!!!

laura9488
on 6/28/09 11:54 am - Denville, NJ
It is so hard, everyone likes different things.
And after surgery your tastes change and keep changing.  I like more clear light protiens.
Not milkshake type.  i use nectar lemon tea by syntrax.  You can order samples from them.
Or go to vitalady on line. You can order samples there.

Also...hints i got:
drink protien cold
use a cup with   a lid so you don't smell it as it comes up to your lips
when you are able blend things in, fruit, pb2, ice etc
go to the world according to eggface's blog for tons of recipes
google it
duffaupa
on 6/29/09 3:12 am
duffaupa
on 6/29/09 3:16 am
ummmm I kind of like the idea of a clear protiens, I'm going to order some samples right away. oooo I love these tips!!!! Thanks soo much :-)

duffaupa
on 6/29/09 3:17 am
ummmm I kind of like the idea of a clear protiens, I'm going to order some samples right away. oooo I love these tips!!!! Thanks soo much :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics