Not New Just Never Post

Alisa R.
on 6/23/09 3:10 am - Union City, NJ
Hey everyone. My name is Alisa I'm 28 from Asbury Park NJ. I'm 4 months post-op and doing great. Just looking to talk to some fellow NJ surgery survivors :) hope everyone is doing well :) 
3grlsmom
on 6/23/09 3:43 am
 Hey there....welcome.....I live in Marlboro (lap band 1 yr or so) and a good friiend Cynthia (RNY) is now 5 months out....she lives in Hazlet.  We just started walking at Pier Village - usually 1 hr, total.  This weekend I went to YOUR boardwalk with my husband and saw that it also is a great place to walk - SO - perhaps if the F __k____G sun ever comes out - you can join us!  Are you usually around in the mornings?  Also, we are NOT 28 - but we act like we are - stlll young looking and we still know how to have fun..............
Karen in NJ 

Alisa R.
on 6/23/09 4:40 am - Union City, NJ
Hey nice to meet you! Age is nothing but a number to me, I believe after 21 it doesn't matter anyway. I have friends of all ages. Our boardwalk is great. It would be nice if the weather would clear up. I have some problems with my feet (not surgery related) that I'm in the process of getting taken care of and then I'll be good to walk. keep in touch
"Pretty woman wonder where my secret lies, I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size"-Maya Angelou

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/09 7:16 am - NJ
Hey Alisa - I am in Whippany :)

Glad to see you posting!

LindaS64
on 6/23/09 8:57 am - Lanoka Harbor, NJ
Hi Alisa:  I live in Lacey but work right next door to you in Ocean township.  I have not had surgery but am just completing my six month supervised diet.  So nice to meet you!

Every pound lost is a pound in the right direction.

Tom C.
on 6/24/09 5:20 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Hey Alisa,

Glad to see you coming to the board and adding more beauty to it. Know we're here for you whenever you need

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
adam_
on 6/24/09 8:59 am - Boynton Beach, FL
hey alisa, i guess you could call me a surgery "survivor" in the literal meaning of the word...haha...i am glad to see you're doing so well....continued success on your journey!

-Adam - 6'6" - From 450 lbs to GOAL in 9 months...
Phase 1: Completed 10/2008.
Phase 2: Weightlifting - Goal: Add 40 lbs of muscle. Completed 2/15/2011.
Phas 3: Cut to 10% body fat.
MY STORY:  imthebiggestloser.blogspot.com/

mystic
on 6/24/09 3:04 pm - manchester, NJ
hey adam

you are looking AWESOME

be safe and well, jacki

Chopper1
on 6/27/09 11:12 pm
Adam,

That is remarkable.

I am still pre-surgery, I am going to have the bypass in sept.  Out of curiousity, what is your typical food day like now?

Thanks.
geoff
adam_
on 6/27/09 11:52 pm - Boynton Beach, FL

Good Luck, it's the best thing you'll ever do for yourself, just stick do your doc/nut's advice and you will do great!  I eat every 3 hours and usually end up around 2500-3000+ calories per day.

Bkfst 7am - 1/2 cup of steel cut oatmeal w/ organic peanutbutter and 1 scoop of GNC 100% whey protein  + 1 small banana
Snack 10am - 2 oz of nuts, dry roasted edamame,  and some cheese on a couple whole grain crackers.
Lunch 1pm - leftovers from dinner last night (typically fish/chicken and veggies) or salad bar at ruby tuesday's once or twice a week.
Snack 4pm - repeat of 1/2 cup of steel cut oatmeal w/ organic peanutbutter and 1 scoop of GNC 100% whey protein  + a few prunes
Dinner 7pm - typically 6 oz of fish or chicken and some veggies.
Snack 10pm  - rice cakes w/ peanut butter or maybe some popcorn.

My eating habits are very healthy with a strong emphasis on high protein.  I'll usually throw in a serving or two of a "treat" like my daily Starbucks Skinny Latte, AchievOne Coffee Protein Drink, NSA ice cream....SF chocolate....but in moderation and only because I'm at goal and maintaining. Early on was VERY stict, no carbs and VERY small portions. I have to eat alot now just to maintain.

Again, good luck!

-Adam - 6'6" - From 450 lbs to GOAL in 9 months...
Phase 1: Completed 10/2008.
Phase 2: Weightlifting - Goal: Add 40 lbs of muscle. Completed 2/15/2011.
Phas 3: Cut to 10% body fat.
MY STORY:  imthebiggestloser.blogspot.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics