I got a date!

jrodriguez315
on 6/19/09 3:08 am - Hillsborough, NJ
I haven't posted here probably ever, but I just got notified that my insurance has approved my surgery and I am scheduled for 07/08/09 (interesting date huh) and I was wondering if anybody knew of any support groups in the Bridgewater / Somerville / Hillsborough / Manville / Raritan areas?

Thanks for any assistance folks.
Tom C.
on 6/19/09 3:22 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Good luck to you on this Journey. Know we're here for you

As for Support groups, this may help

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/3777559/NJ-Support-Grou p-listing/
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 6/19/09 6:29 am - NJ

07/08/09 will bring you GOOD LUCK!

Best of luck to you!

Vicki

jrodriguez315
on 6/19/09 10:28 am - Hillsborough, NJ
Thanks! 
monica196642
on 6/19/09 12:21 pm - NJ
good luck!!!!!

"All things are difficult before they are easy."
- Dr. Thomas Fuller

“Be the change you want to see in the world.?  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

gracy72
on 6/20/09 12:01 pm - newark, NJ
Good luck!  Keep us posted!
Paul S.
on 6/20/09 11:49 pm - Hillsborough, NJ
Hey there. I'm in Hillsborough too. I attend the monthly support group at St. Peter's Hospital run by Advanced Laporoscopic Surgeons (Dr.s Abkin and Bertha - great practice by the way). One Thursday a month at 7pm.
The road to success is always under construction.
knailnhair
on 6/21/09 11:17 pm - Milford, NJ
Congrats on your surgery date!!! You're in great hands with Dr. B!!!!  Which surgery are you going to have? I had the Realize Band on May 19th...doing great, Dr. Abkin was awesome!!!
That may/may not effect the times of your support meetings!!!
Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

sweetaim2
on 6/22/09 2:05 am - Monmouth Junction, NJ
You rock Mr Joe!!!

xxoxoox
Amy
jrodriguez315
on 6/22/09 3:22 am - Hillsborough, NJ
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts.

The procedure I am having is the roux-en-y gastric bypass.  It is to be performed laparoscopically but as I've had previous abdominal surgeries, who knows what may happen.

Quick question for those of you in the know.  Immediately following the surgery, when we are supposed to have only clear liquids, what was your protein drink of choice?

Later on when you move to soft moist foods, do you just mix in some protein powder with every bowl of mush?

Thanks for any advice.

Joe
Most Active
Recent Topics