New Surgeon Recomendation

lillybell68
on 6/17/09 11:53 am
I am not happy with my surgeon. I've had the surgery and was kind of abandoned and left to my own devices.  Apparently a nurse was supposed to see me before I left the hospital - never happened due to staff shortage.  My insurance company didn't require any counseling or info sessions before surgery, but it would have been nice to have gotten more than a small little booklet.  Another service that I should've gotten but didn't - oops sorry.  No nurse in the office at all to answer simple questions - of course now there is a PA - oops sorry!  No nutritional counseling recommended just three month visits  - how do I track my progress and get some moral support? oops again!  Anyway, I'm in Union County and I see Dr. Michael Nusbaum. Can anyone recommend someone else that I can transfer my care to?
Liza MacNamara
maryc543
on 6/17/09 1:28 pm
What kind of surgery did you have?  Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

lillybell68
on 6/17/09 1:43 pm
Realize band in Januray 2009. I've only lost about 28lbs, but it's my own fault
Tom C.
on 6/17/09 8:21 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Of course every one will be telling you their Doctor is the best .. but I will let the facts say it for mine

Dr. Abkin and Dr. Bertha made the 2008 NJ Top Bariatric Surgeons list...again!

http://njmonthly.com/articles/topdoctors/surgery.html

I think that's thier 2nd to 3rd time in a row. You will also see other fine Doctors there.

Here is there website ... http://www.advancedlaparoscopicsurgeons.com/

Tell them I recommended them. It won't do anything for you ;) 
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
hockeymom8016
on 6/17/09 10:29 pm - NJ
I second Tom's nomination for Dr. Abkin and Dr. Bertha.  They are both wonderful. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/09 1:31 am - NJ
I "third" the recommendation!!  Dr. Bertha is my surgeon and he is just amazing!!

Jen

DrMichaelSakowitz
on 6/18/09 2:03 am
Hi Lillybell,

You sound pretty frustrated and from what you have written with good reason.  Dr Nusbaum's care is usually very good, might I suggest a call to him to discuss the situation.

You might find other doctors reluctant to pick up your care.

You chose Dr Nusbaum for a reason, perhaps you owe it to yourself to give him a chance to fix the problem

Dr Mike
Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
Tom C.
on 6/18/09 2:26 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Of course sound advice from the good Doctor !!

Hey Doctor Mike - haven't see you on the boards lately. Hope all is well !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
lillybell68
on 6/18/09 6:49 am
I did call the office and spoke to the office manager and she was apologetic. It's not his work or skill that I question and I could go to Morristown Memorial where he is the chief of bariatric surgery, but it's a bit far.   I think it was the support that I feel I"m missing.  I'll probably stick with him. Thanks.
knailnhair
on 6/18/09 5:39 am - Milford, NJ

I fourth Dr. Abkin and Dr. Bertha!!! I'm partial tho...seriously ALS is a great group to be involved with. Don't let Tom fool ya, Dr. Abkin would be honored if you mentioned Tom's name!!! He's quite well known around the office!!!

Hi Dr Mike...hope all is well...we miss you around here!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Most Active
Recent Topics