Six Year Surgiversary!

Nannette
on 6/16/09 5:58 pm - Toms River, NJ
Just contemplating that six years ago today, I had my RNY at a starting weight of 340.  Life sure had had its ups and downs since then in every single aspect.  Much more than I could ever had anticipated or been prepared for.

Down to a low of 153 after 20 months -- most PS done in 2005 - settled at a comfortable weight of 160-163 for a couple of years.  Remarried in June 2006 (3rd anniversary coming up). 

Started to gain weight due to grazing issues, stopping exercise due to laziness and knee pain - went back up to 215 by the end of 2008.  Started attending Weigh****cher meetings for accountability, and am now down to 190 with a goal of 160 by the end of the year.

Had knee replacement surgery three weeks ago and am looking forward to completing my recuperation so that I can get active and physcial again!

Hugs to all,
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Tom C.
on 6/17/09 12:14 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Nannette,

Congrats on your Surgiversary.

I know in no time you will be back at your goal.

Tom

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
gypsylady
on 6/17/09 5:26 am - Manchester, NJ
Congratulations Nannette on your Six Years!!
Glad that your recent surgery went well and look forward to seeing you soon!
Kim
adam_
on 6/17/09 8:18 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Congrats on 6 years...you're doing great getting back on track...I know of an awesome support group next time you need a kick in the butt to get motivated  ;-) haha...

Seriously though, how are you feeling and how's the knee progressing?

-Adam - 6'6" - From 450 lbs to GOAL in 9 months...
Phase 1: Completed 10/2008.
Phase 2: Weightlifting - Goal: Add 40 lbs of muscle. Completed 2/15/2011.
Phas 3: Cut to 10% body fat.
MY STORY:  imthebiggestloser.blogspot.com/

cmr3399
on 6/17/09 8:27 am - Bayville, NJ
Congrats Nannette....

Hope the knee is well.....Sorry I've missed you at the meetings. I have been having a horrible horrible time. I go for a revision on July 1st if not sooner. I'm having some major issues....As soon as I am up and about..my butt will be back to get in line with the rest of you.  XOXOXO

Chrisitne 

'Nothing Tastes as good as THIN FEELS!"

AngelaEsq
on 6/17/09 9:28 am - Toms River, NJ
Happy Surgiversary! 
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/09 1:44 am - NJ
Congrats on your achievement!!  6 years out is wonderful and inspiring to a newbie like me!  Hope your recovery is going smoothly and you will be back at goal before you know it!!

Jen

Purple Passion
on 6/18/09 5:19 am - Little Falls, NJ
RNY on 08/06/07 with
Happy surgiversary, gorgeous!
Hope your recovery goes smoothly and quickly.

Rachelle
Looking for a possible revision.
257/190/150 

mystic
on 6/18/09 1:00 pm - manchester, NJ
congrats on your surgiversary nannette

hope the knee surgery recovery is going well for you

hugs, jacki

Most Active
Recent Topics