Share your favorite Protein Drink recipe.....

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/09 12:22 pm - NJ
HI All

I got a question from a friend about protein drinks.  He is getting bored with having the same old thing everyday.  I thought what a great topic for the OH board!

Let's all describe our favorite protein drinks - or how you make them - or what you might add to them.  I bet we all see something we want to try!

My favorite:
           I use Unjury Chocolate protein mix - I freeze 1% milk in small 4-6 oz containers (or I use ice cubes if I don't have frozen milk) - throw the frozen milk in my "Magic Bullet" and shave up the ice adding enough liquid (milk or water) to make a good thick consistency.  I add the protein powder and sometimes an added "boost" of flavor (PB2 or a 1/2 tsp of cocoa powder or a few frozen cherries).  It takes like a milk shake and is extra refreshing on a hot day.

Can't wait to hear some of your ideas!

Vicki
knailnhair
on 5/26/09 1:37 am - Milford, NJ
So far mind is the Cyto Sport Complete Whey Low Fat Choc Mint Chip and Skim Milk....tastes like a Girl Scout Mint Cookie!!!! Very yummy!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Sheri A.
on 5/26/09 10:47 am
I use 8th continent soy milk and soy slender cappucino flavored soy milk (4 and 2 oz each) mixed with a scoop of chocolate caramel peanut designer whey,1 T PB2, 1/3 frozen banana, a bit of sf chocolate pudding powder, a few drops of sf syrup, some milled golden flaxseed and 7 ice cubes and blend on low for a minute and then high for a few seconds until thick and creamy. I have this every day - it's delicious. I made it for my support group to rave reviews. Deisgner Whey 2 lb. canisters are $18 at luckyvitamin.com. I buy the 8th cont. in the supermarket and the soy slender in stop and shop.
laura9488
on 5/27/09 2:37 am - Denville, NJ
I like the Nectar Lemon Tea flavor.  I doctor it up withsome decaf peach iced tea powder.  I make it in one of those blender ball cups with 16 oz of water and tons of ice. 

I also like protien iced tea.  I buy it premade in envelopes from Wonderslim on line.  Or I use the swiss miss hot chocolate diet-25 cals and add a scoop of vanilla or chocolate protien powder.

LOL....also adding benefiber to those of course.
negrasmommy
on 5/27/09 4:24 am - Parsippany, NJ

So, the one I have to share isn't with protein shake mix although I'm sure it can be added...

I buy Greek yogurt (Chobani branded, higher in protein than regular yogurt) and I add frest fruit (any combo of mango, pineapple, strawberries, raspberries), agave or honey and mix in my Magic Bullet - yum, yum, yum delicioso!!!!!!!  14 g of proteins and I get my fruit and yogurt in for the day...

I also like the Isokool powders- currently enjoying Green Apple.

ahansil
on 5/28/09 3:57 am - Hackensack, NJ
I LOVE the Bariatric Advantage Chocolate Mint Protein shake.  I haven't done any modifications to it yet, but as a stand alone it is delicious!

Alex

NLC77
on 6/6/09 1:03 pm
MissVic.. . I tried your chocolate shake recipe the other day in my new Magic Bullet.  I also am happy with the Unjury products.  It was tasty, thanks!  And my husband enjoyed it too!  How much of the PB2 do you add if you use it?  1/2 tsp?  I ordered a few samples of that too.  I am in the "trying out lots of products" stage before I am required to do the protein shakes.  I reallyl want to find things I like.  Any other recipes?  Thanks everyone!
Nancy 
Surgery Date:  June 29, 2009
First Fill:  August 13, 2009 - 4cc

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/09 11:07 am - NJ
Nancy

Glad you enjoyed it!  The PB2 taste is pretty stong so 1/2 tsp would do the trick!

Vicki
Most Active
Recent Topics