Yogurt Question???

knailnhair
on 5/22/09 2:09 am - Milford, NJ
Hi all..well I'm onto full liquids and can have some yogurt. Problem is I can't stand yogurt!!! It all tastes like chalk to me.

What kinds of yogurts are you guys loving and do you doctor them up at all? I looked that the Greek Yogurt today but it has 7 grams of sugar...it's the non-fat one begins with a C I think.

Appreciate any input!!!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/09 2:20 am, edited 5/22/09 2:20 am
Hi Kimi,

Welcome back Glad to hear you are doing well!
Full Liquids...YAY! I remeber I ahd to do 2 weeks of clear liquids in the begining and getting the full liquids was like hitting lotto.

Do you have Smoothie King near you? If so try the gladiator smoothie!
Not sure if they have them in Jersey.
knailnhair
on 5/22/09 5:47 am - Milford, NJ
Thanks Mike...no Smoothie King here in NJ...next suggestion??? LOL

Kimi

mazeitler
on 5/22/09 2:44 am - Piscataway, NJ
I used the Danactive by Dannon. 
StaceyNJ
on 5/22/09 2:57 am - Brick, NJ
Hi Kim

I think you can have any yogurt without actual fruit bits in it.  La Yogurt - there are some tasty flavors out there...

Stacey

Kym W.
on 5/22/09 4:11 am
Shoot for any that say no sugar added, they'll already have some sugar though. My favorite are the weigh****chers. They are smooth and creamy and have great taste. Personally I can't stomach that greek yogurt, yuk!!! And if you can do yogurt you may be able to handle the sugar free puddings, I did. You could add a little milk to thin it out
knailnhair
on 5/22/09 5:47 am - Milford, NJ
Thanks everyone...I'll try out these suggestions. I'm going to try and make my own potatoe soup right now...I was eating the SF pudding and started gagging...I'm in need of some flavor!!!

Kimi

frogger528
on 5/22/09 8:57 am
Hey Kimi,

Welcome to full liquids. Hmm let's see - I did lots of the cheesecake fat free sf pudding. For yogurt - I love the Weigh****chers Amarretto Cheesecake (do you see a pattern here? LOL). But seriously - I did cottage cheese and got most of my flavor from varying my protein shake flavors.

Hope this helps.

June

Michelle F.
on 5/22/09 11:28 am
Eveything with milk has natural sugar in it, as long as it's the plain kind, its ok because it's not added sugar.  I  eat the Chobani plain fat free, I add 2 splenda's to it and sometimes a little sugar-free strawberry preserves.  You can also mix it with carnation sugar free instant breakfast and some skim plus to make a protein shake...lots of protein and it will keep you full for hours!
Band to Sleeve Revision 3/1/11

AndreaC
on 5/22/09 2:48 pm - NJ
Greek yogurt has a different consistency and taste than regular yogurt.  The great added bonus is that it is higher in protein.  I use one with 1% or 2% fat and sometimes mix in a bit of honey.  You can use a sugar-free fruit spread as a flavoring also.  Whole Foods sells non-alcohol flavor extracts: coffee, butterscotch, vanilla, mint, lots more.  Mix in a bit of flavor extract with a non-nutritive sweetener.

Good luck,
Andrea
Most Active
Recent Topics