Wine & Soda

k4rizz421
on 4/20/09 8:51 am - Glassboro, NJ
I am 9 months out from RNY and I'm interested in finding out what others think about drinking wine? I have had some 11.5% alcohol (so it has less sugar in it) with no ill effects). I've also had some soda as a treat at times, and I wondered what others experiences have been with it.

Thanks,
Karissa

fun2be_09
on 4/22/09 12:54 am - Mcguire AFB, NJ
 im not sure.. i wanna know bout experiences too.. because i wanna try soda.. 
spygirl0507
on 4/22/09 3:35 am - NJ
Hi Karissa,

I'm four and a half years out of gastric and I found the sugars in red wines always made me sick except for white wine which is more tart and had less sugar.
I drink a skinny girl rum and coke. I buy Bacardi Coconut or Vanilla and mix with Coke 0. It has no sugar and no carbs. I got all my friends hooked on it even those who never had surery!

Hope this helped,

Diana
DrMichaelSakowitz
on 4/23/09 8:26 am
Hi All,

Your focus is, dare I say, wrong....

If you push the limits of either the band or the gastric you will win and over time you will be able to get away with more and more.

Unfortunately this also means that you will gain more and more......is that what you want?

You have gone through a lot to get your proceedure and have sacrificed enormously  to lose weight.....keep up the good work

Dr Mike
Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
Most Active
Recent Topics