Anyone use Dr. Gritsus in NJ?

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/09 2:16 pm - Fat City, NJ
I am leaning towards RNY and am curious as to who has used him.
Elisa K.
on 4/17/09 10:23 pm - Lumberton, NJ
Hi Ricco:
Dr. Gritsus did my RNY in 2006.  I have lost 195 lbs.  I am very please with Dr. Gritsus and his staff - they are the best!!

Good luck!!
minnekoda
on 4/19/09 9:40 am - west milford, NJ
Im scheduled for a consult with him on the 30th. I went thru the whole process with another surgeon and then found out they dont take my insurance 5 weeks later. Long story...

I went to Dr Gritsus seminar after talking with someone who used him. I also have 2 nurse friends who work in Chilton and recommended him.

Good luck to you...
Denise Ferriolo
on 4/19/09 10:14 am - Bayville, NJ
Hi
I had surgery with Dr Abkin  on Feb 9th and I recommended him and his staff to my sister. I didn;t know she had Aetna. They don't take it because the insurance company makes them jump though hoops for treatment no matter how much you weigh. Then I talked to many people and they said to use Dr Gritsus. She is. He told my sister that he made special arraigments with Aetna, so it will be easy. My sister saw him in March, April and now May will be the last. 3 visit just like the insurance wants it. She will see there nutrtionist this week and she alreay saw the phyo doctor there. all well so far, She will go to Chilton, closer to home she lives in Fairfield.

I do wish you the best and it will be a pleasure to have you join us all on the Loser's Bench
Denise
denise
Tom C.
on 4/19/09 9:17 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Before I decided on a Doctor, I went to numerous seminars (about 6). Like Denise I used Doctor Abkin as my Doctor. However if Doctor Abkin could not have done my operation then I would have used Doctor Gritsus.

I have attended some support groups that had Doctor Gritsus' patients, and they all loved and think the world of him. Also I have a few friends who switched to Doctor Gritsus, and recommend him. So you should have no worries.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
DrMichaelSakowitz
on 4/20/09 12:20 am
In the interest of full disclosure let me say that I have a close relationship with Dr Gritsus.

Having said that, he is an excellent surgeon; very very few complications, nurses at the hospital love him (many have had surgery with him) and his office staff is very responsive.

He also stresses aftercare.  I run a support group out of his office (although it is not limited to his patients).  I see a lot of his patients for psych so I may see you.

Good luck

Dr Mike
Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
minnekoda
on 5/11/09 11:13 am - west milford, NJ
did you have surgery yet? Im scheduled for rny on june 15th with him.
ginag70
on 5/11/09 11:28 am
Yes, I had my surgery with him March 2nd.  He seems to be a good docotor.

Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics