Looking for a friend

Butterfly618
on 4/15/09 1:47 am - NJ
Hi I live in Woodbridge NJ and I would love to meet someone who lives close to Woodbridge who is going through the same things I am. Someone I can have coffee with. Someone to talk with face to face about this thing and she would understand because they ether been there and done that and can give me advice or understands because they are going through it too!! Any one interested and has the time please post.

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

sandytoes
on 4/15/09 6:54 am
I don't live near you but you may find someone on the Lap-Band board. Those who have or are getting the band really like that board the best, it is very busy and alot of people. I don't know if you have ever posted there but you go to the top of this page, where it says Forum**** that and a box will come down, then hit Surgical and another box will open on the side, then hit Lap-Band and it will take you to the page, hit message board and your on...I usually just bookmark it so I don't have to keep going through all that. I hope you find your friend...but the board is great they answer right away!!!
SandytoesSusan
Lost the first 10 lbs. Pre-op
bgaylz
on 4/15/09 9:59 am
Hi Butterfly

I have not had my surgery yet,but I would love to talk/email you I don't live far from you.Oh.. I will be having the lapband in early June. I'm sure I will have a lot of questions after the surgery. Who did you see for your nut eval?

Tom C.
on 4/15/09 8:59 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Hey Butterfly,

While I don't live near you, I would be willing to help out - and maybe we can meet "centrally" to do some face to face talking. I have a few (wonderful) friends from this board that I meet once a month with.

Also, I strongly suggest going to support groups. You will meet a LOT OF FOLKS going through the same thing as you. If you'd like I can send a list of support groups in NJ.

Good luck, and remember we're here for you.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Michelle F.
on 4/17/09 10:39 am
Butterfly, I'm in Manalapan which isn't far at all.  PM me.
Band to Sleeve Revision 3/1/11

fun2be_09
on 4/20/09 12:51 am - Mcguire AFB, NJ
 i would love to.. but i am a hour away at ft dix.. i wouldnt mind exchanging cell numbers.. just message me
allisarin
on 4/20/09 6:24 am - Bayonne, NJ
I live about 20 minutes away from Woodbridge.  I have no problem traveling there since that were I do most of my shopping.  I'm free most every Saturday or Sunday and in the evening. Since I have no family support I fine it great to talk to someone that has gone through the same thing.
bgaylz
on 4/20/09 11:31 am
Hi

Want type of surgery did you have? I do not have family support either I having the Lap-band hopefully within the next month are so. I live and work about 20Min's from Woodbridge also.

Belinda
jackfre
on 4/21/09 3:16 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/15
Hi
I am not far from you at all and would love to meet sometime..  Although, I am pretty busy the next couple of weeks but maybe like the 1st week in May.  You can write to me anytime I would love to chat.

Jackie

Sheri A.
on 4/23/09 12:04 pm
Hi
I run a support group at RWJ Fitness & Wellness Center in Scotch Plains. We meet again on May 2. There will be banders there you can talk to - we are a friendly bunch. We start at 10:30. Email me: [email protected].
Most Active
Recent Topics