X-Post: Got Fage? Need ideas? Recipes Inside!

JenStock1970
on 4/10/09 1:29 am - Bay Shore Of, NJ
Cleopatra_Nik's discovery of mixing PB2 into Fage greek yogurt inspired me to play around a little bit with it, and I have come up with some pretty tasty variations, if I say so myself.  Here are a few recipes.  If you're early out, use only 1/4 cup Fage and omit the fruit until you are cleared for it with your surgeon/nut's plan:

Chunky Strawberry Yogurt:
1/2 c Fage
Splash of SF Davinci Raspberry (or use Strawberry if you have it)
4 medium fresh strawberries cut into chunks
3-4 pkts Splenda (to taste, I like mine sweet)

Mix the Fage, Splenda, & Davinci until well combined, then stir in the strawberries.  I add Kashi Go Lean to mine for the crunch (reminds me of granola but better on the protein).
Pina Colada Yogurt:
1/2 c. Fage
Splash of SF Davinci Coconut
3 tbsp pineapple tidbits (get the ones in their own juice--not sweetened!)
Splenda to taste

Mix it all up together.  Creamy luscious decadence!  Some chopped bananas would be good in this too, if you do bananas.
Peanut Butter Cup:
1/2 c Fage
1 tbsp PB2 or chocolate PB2
2-3 tbsp SF chocolate syrup
Splenda to taste

Using a fork or small whisk, whip up the fage & PB2 together til the lumps are gone, then stir in the Splenda.  Add the SF chocolate syrup and stir it all up together real good.  This would be tasty with bananas added too.  If you don't have SF Chocolate Syrup, you could use a couple splashes of SF Davinci Chocolate if you have it.
Chocolate & Strawberries--Better Than Sex Dessert:
1/2 c Fage
3-4 tbsp SF Chocolate syrup
Splenda to taste
4-5 medium fresh strawberries, cut into chunks

Combine the Fage, SF chocolate syrup, and splenda until well mixed.  Fold in the strawberries.  Top with whippage if your little heart desires.  You could also use this to dip the strawberries in (like choc covered strawberries).  OMG! So good!
I will also use this for "icing" on a chocolate protein micro-cake sometime in the near future.
Fage Tuna Salad:
1/4 c Fage
1/4 c LF mayo or Ranch if you like Ranch dressing
2-3 cans tuna packed in water (I use the Italian tuna in olive oil, because it tastes    better to me.  I like my tuna salad very moist, so I use 2 cans of tuna, it's a personal choice thing)
2 boiled eggs, mashed up into fine pieces
2 tbsp pickle relish
Salt to taste
Garlic Powder to taste
Dill to taste

Mix everything together, no rhyme or reason, til it's well combined.  I portion it into small gladware containers & put it in the fridge so I can grab & go during the week for work.  You could substitute canned chicken or salmon if you don't like tuna.  If you're early out, run this through the food chopper to make it finely textured, it will be easier on your pouch.

HW 495/Consult 426/SW 363/Current 182
"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."-- Clint Eastwood

"Don't compromise yourself.  You are all you've got."-- Janis Joplin

chell1957
on 4/23/09 9:26 am - Woodbury, NJ
Hi. I have been hearing so much about this and never knew where to get it form. So I saw your link and I ordered both the reg and chocolate PB2's. Thank you for this post.

http://verticalsleevetalk.com/private.php
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_lightweights/

Most Active
Recent Topics