First Fill Nightmare

Tom C.
on 4/9/09 3:41 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

My first question is where did they do the fill? Usually Dr A/B do it in a hospital under xray and fluoroscope. But I heard they will be starting to do this in their new location.

I would say it’s was a fluke thing. If they are doing it in their new location, ask to see if they can do it at a hospital. The cost may be more, and you will need to see if your insurance company covers it.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Donna W.
on 4/9/09 6:43 am
Thank you so much, it was done in St Clares Dover Radiology, there was an xray machine but I don't know what a flouroscope is.  All I saw was this HUGE needle...
Donna W.
on 4/9/09 6:44 am
Guess you were lied to?  I was told the realize band was the best band to go with to, but now I find out the port is significantly smaller and very difficult to get the center of.  What exactly is "fluoro?

sandytoes
on 4/9/09 7:17 am
Floro is Floroscope..I't like an x-ray and the doc can see exactly where he is with the needle in regards to your port. I'm really sorry you had pain like that.
SandytoesSusan
Lost the first 10 lbs. Pre-op
Tom C.
on 4/9/09 11:55 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
>> Guess you were lied to?  I was told the realize band was the best band to go with to, but now I find out the port is significantly smaller and very difficult to get the center of. <<

I have the Realize band, and had two fills with no issues. In my research I found that the Realize port is a little bigger then the Lapband. 

I just think you had a bad experience. Give it another try. It's remote, but maybe your port flipped (which is rare for the Realize band).

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Donna W.
on 4/12/09 2:49 am
Thanks Tom, no it didn't "flip"  they did an x-ray to make sure.  I think the  Doc was just having an OFF day...unfortunately, my belly was the recipient of that lol...I'm not going to give up, I've come way to far.  Thank you so much.  You look great btw!!
Tom C.
on 4/12/09 3:42 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Thanks for the kind words. Just know that I am here if you need. Good luck, and let me know how things turn out.

Tom

Livewell
on 4/24/09 9:58 pm - Chatham, NJ
Hi Angelsdo,

I have to agree with Tom.  Although I have only had one fill with Dr. A, he got it right the very first time and there was really no pain at all.

Later on, you will be much happier with the smaller port.  From what I am reading, many of the other lapbanders complain about their port sticking out and you cannot tell where mine is unless you actually feel for it and push down.  I definitely prefer it that way!

Good luck on your next fill.  I am sure that it will be much better!

Donna W.
on 4/25/09 11:14 pm
Dr A was awesome!  He did  it right in his office, made me feel soooo relaxed.  He expressed that sometimes if patients are too tense it can make the process more difficult.  He found the port within 30 seconds and the whole procedure was done in less than 10 minutes.  Next time I insist on Dr A.  Period.  And I totally agree with you, I will be happy with the smaller port in the long run!  thanks!!
Most Active
Recent Topics