First Fill Nightmare

Donna W.
on 4/8/09 10:37 am
I went for my first ATTEMPT at a fill on Monday.  I say attempt because the doctor couldn't find the "bullseye"   After poking an eight inch needle into my abdomin 4 times, with no success, I had to ask him to stop.  One of the side effects of the "realize" band is the port is very small ( about the size of a nickel) and locating the exact spot of entry can be difficult.  I'm scared to death to even go back for a second attempt, but I know I have to.  Maybe they can knock me out or something .....

sandytoes
on 4/9/09 12:18 am
Thanks for  taking my Avitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SandytoesSusan
Lost the first 10 lbs. Pre-op
DrMichaelSakowitz
on 4/9/09 2:43 am
Sorry you had trouble....it usually happens with far less drama....I'm sure the next attempt will go better

Dr Mike
Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
Donna W.
on 4/9/09 6:47 am
thank you Dr. Mike, I'm just super nervous about going back.  I know I have to, I'm just stressing it.
What exactly is Fluoro??
Donna W.
on 4/9/09 6:45 am
Donna W.
on 4/9/09 7:04 am
I joined before you so I guess I should be saying that to you...dont' stress it, I'm not going to be here that long.  You can have it  LOL...
knailnhair
on 4/10/09 4:08 am - Milford, NJ
On April 9, 2009 at 2:04 PM Pacific Time, Angelsdo wrote:
I joined before you so I guess I should be saying that to you...dont' stress it, I'm not going to be here that long.  You can have it  LOL...
Oh no...where are you going???

Kimi

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Donna W.
on 4/12/09 2:45 am
That message was for someone else Kimi, she seemed upset because we had the same Avatar...I joined in August '08 and I used the 'eye" because its my boyfriends logo on his business card.  She joined after me in Dec  I think.  Anyway, I'm not going anywhere, I just meant that sending messages out really isn't something I  do often.  Basically, I was just saying relax...LOL..
knailnhair
on 4/12/09 3:19 am - Milford, NJ
Ok good....

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

StaceyNJ
on 4/9/09 2:53 am - Brick, NJ
I thought Abkin/Berth do ALL of their fills under fluoro? Thats what I was told...

Stacey

Most Active
Recent Topics