Curves

Linda P.
on 4/4/09 10:56 am
Have any of you tried Curves, the gym for women?  i'm looking into it and am wondering if the rates are reasonable.  Any input from the peanut gallery is appreciated!
Ladysweetthang
on 4/4/09 11:09 am - NJ
I even heard you canget a discount off of membership from your health insurance or they may cover it..I saw the sign on a curves window saying we take health insurance inquire within

Watch Hot Momma Drop it Like it's Hot..

frogger528
on 4/4/09 12:34 pm
Hi,

I belong and think it's pretty good. There is a one time sign up fee - don't remember how much some where around $150.00 then I pay $45.00 a month. It's an easy workout goes quickly and you can control the level of intensity by how much you put into it.

Hope this helps.

Frogger

almondsoylatte
on 4/4/09 12:55 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
i have been thinking also of joining curves also, since im moving from my gym i use now.

my only issue is , is that its circuit training and i know personally some days i just want to do straight cardio and not necessarly lifting.  i know they spread it out enough so you wont hurt youself but i just feel its not going to help tone you 100%.

i had a friend who lost over 100 pounds all on her own who went there religiously but had to join another gym in the long run because she neeeded other machines then what they offered to balance herself out, (i hope that makes sense!)

a few years ago i did go to curves for like almost  2 years and the enviroment is great! the people who work there are very motivating and the other girls working out are def a help to making exercising fun instead of a chore! 
and i do know some curves does classes like yoga, pilates and the one i used to go to- even belly dancing!! 

good luck! <3

But you don’t
Always
Have to hold your head
Higher than your heart
~jack johnson~

Linda P.
on 4/4/09 11:43 pm
Thanks very much everyone!  There's one right around the corner from where i live, I'll have to stop by for a visit.
Angelina123
on 4/5/09 7:39 am - Sacramento, CA
Hey you chicka....Curves is an awesome place..especially if you are just staring out on the exercising...it gets you all pumped up and then eventually you want to do something more challenging. I started running after my training there...You can go faster to bring up the pace...I know when I joined before, they have specials all the time...I'm sure its the same over in the East coast as well as over here... I remember donating a bag of groceries for a food drive they had and they waived the enrollment fee.... I'm joining back up soon since I'm free in the evening now...The only thing I didn't like about Curves...were there hours. They would close kind of early and not open on weekends sometimes...so it depends... Take care, I'll message you soon...
Sheri A.
on 4/10/09 12:44 pm
Curves is a great program for lazy exercisers. I was a member for over 5 years and stayed till I was about 7 months post op but found I needed a bigger challenge so I had to join a regular gym. I did lose inches but not weight before my surgery but I was in the best physical condition when I did have surgery and suffered no complications whatsoever afterwards. You can't think of the $$$ because there is no price tag on health...see if your health inusrance will subsidize, I know BCBS does. I pay $61 a month at my gym with no subsidy but I feel it's the best investment I have ever made in my health. If you break down the payment, it's just a dollar or so a day, that's how I look at it. I jus****ched a Tyra show that featured 5 women who took the curves challenge to lose weight and get healthy in 5 weeks. All were successful and looked great at the end of 5 weeks. Curves works so GO for it!
Most Active
Recent Topics