Personal Choice Blue Cross - Echelon Bariatric

jerseygirl576
on 4/5/09 11:55 pm
I am in the begining process I'm meeting my Dr. for the first time today I already talked to my health insurance companmy and asked them what pre req's I would have to do before surgery. I wanted to see if anyone else has the same insurance if you could tell me how long it took you to go through you process. I know everyones different but Im just trying to get an idea. Also I wanted to see if anyone has had their surgery dome at Echelon Bariatric if you could give me you thoughts on it. Thank you!!
jerseygirl576
on 4/6/09 9:45 am
Just got back from my 3 oclock appt it was a total rip off They wanted me to pay them $2000 out of my pocket when my insurance covers the surgery 100% They also told me I would have to see a nutritionist for a year prior to surgery, not a requirement by my insurance. And after being there for 2 hours I found out they were planning on keeping us there till 9 oclock at night, something they should have told all of us when we made the appt. Needless to say I'm looking for a new surgeon in the South Jersey area if anyone has any reccomendations ley me know. Someone caring who isnt going to rip me off and who wont make me go throught such a long waiting period.
sandytoes
on 4/7/09 12:00 am
I don't know how south you are but Southern Ocean County Hospital in Manahawkin has a wonderfull Bariatric program. I am going to be banded on May 22nd and the only hoops I had to jump through were the ones my insurance made me NOT the Dr. The office staff is great and will walk you through every step of the way. I have Horizon BCBS and have not had to pay the surgeon anything upfront. It has taken me six months to get here but that was because my insurence reguires six month Nutritionist meetings. Dr Reich will be doing my surgery and my neighbor just had it done by him last Thursday and said it was great. She feels good and is still very excited about her journey. Good Luck I hope this helps.
SandytoesSusan
Lost the first 10 lbs. Pre-op
Paul S.
on 4/7/09 11:10 am - Hillsborough, NJ
The first surgeon I saw did not participate with insurance companies. I'm glad I continued looking. Advanced Laporascopic Surgeons of Morris (my surgeons) participate in most insurances and have a staff to help you get your insurance approvals. I never had to pay them anything but co-pays for the vists and I had BCBS of NJ. They  are great! I am so happy with Dr. Bertha and the practice.
http://www.alsbariatricsurgery.com/
The road to success is always under construction.
chell1957
on 4/13/09 9:34 am - Woodbury, NJ
Take a deep breath in a exhale slowly. I so know how U fee. If U are close enough to Camden County ( there is a Echelon Mall in my area) go see Dr. Neff. He is located in Cherry Hill and affiliated with JFK hospital. U can see him on my page and a few of my friends also used him. I have post op VSG 5 months. Let me know if this helps.

http://verticalsleevetalk.com/private.php
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_lightweights/

Ladysweetthang
on 4/7/09 1:27 pm - NJ
Dr. G is a good doctor he's in Willingboro...and with bcbs I had to do a physician 6month diet and that was it they handled everything else ..They have a 250$ program fee but that pays for the shakes you will receive for  your 2 week preop diet and support group parties..but other than that I loved everything about the doctor and his office...

Watch Hot Momma Drop it Like it's Hot..

lmk713
on 4/9/09 1:33 am - Berlin, NJ
I am going through Dr. Ing in Willingboro. I have met a few people that have also had surgery with him and loved him.
Most Active
Recent Topics