Protein Bars

knailnhair
on 4/2/09 1:36 am - Milford, NJ
Hi Everyone....I'm just wondering what some of your favorite types, flavors and brands of Protein Bars are.  I'm in the process of trying to find bars and drinks that are tasty to me.

Right now I'm loving South Beach Living's Caramel Peanut Crispy Meal Bar, it has 19 grams of protein and does keep me full from breakfast to lunch.

Also tried Pure Protein High Protein Double Layer Bar in Blueberry Crumb Cake, that contains 18 grams of protein. It was tasty also.

Thanks for any suggestions!!!
Kimi
sandytoes
on 4/2/09 6:33 am

Hi,! I'm not an expert ,still finding products for when I'm banded myself. But sugar and carb content and calories have to be considerd along with the protein. Post on the other board and I'm sure you will get a ton of replies...

SandytoesSusan
Lost the first 10 lbs. Pre-op
knailnhair
on 4/3/09 2:22 am - Milford, NJ
Thanks sandy.....I'm on it with the sugar and carb content. It's hard to find something that tastes good at the same time...LOL

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Purple Passion
on 4/4/09 8:18 pm - Little Falls, NJ
RNY on 08/06/07 with
I really like the South Beach bars, but I can't handle the sugar alcohols. 
I also liked Atkins and Pure protein.

I've stopped eating them because of:
1. Sugar Alcohols
2. Palm Oil (they all have palm oil and it's not something I want in my diet.)

Rachelle
Looking for a possible revision.
257/190/150 

knailnhair
on 4/6/09 1:27 am - Milford, NJ
I'm with you I'm having a hard time "handling" the sugar alcohol from the South Beach bars...I have some Pure Protein bars that I like.

Thanks for your reply!!!
Kimi

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

big_ideas
on 4/7/09 10:54 pm - Randolph, NJ
I like the South Beach High Protein Cereal Bars. They are only 140 cals, 10 g protein and 7 g sugar. I have tried many others and not liked them, but I can't remember which I tried! I guess I should write it down!

A good rule of thumb is the bar should have 10 calories for every gram of protein for it to be worth eating. I know my SB bars are higher in cal than that, but they really get me through sometimes.

Most Active
Recent Topics