a shout-out from across the country!

Kathy H.
on 3/29/09 12:02 pm - Kent, WA
Hi there, New Jerseyites!

My name is Kathy and I live just south of Seattle on the left coast. I'll be traveling to NJ for revision surgery with Dr Greenbaum at the end of April. My surgery is scheduled for Monday, May 4th, and will need to stay in the area for about a week after I'm released from the hospital.

I'm hoping that you have some suggestions for hotels in the area. A friend will be joining me a couple days before I'm released from the hospital, and as a "normie." will want to be nearby not only Dr Greenbaum's office, but also a grocery store and/or restaurants. A full-blown kitchen in the room isn't going to be all that necessary, i don't think, but a microwave and fridge would be helpful, I'm sure.

Can you suggest a hotel in the area that might not break my bank, but is still a decent place? I don't want to go broke on this trip ... it's already going to be expensive as heck paying for two plane tickets, a rental car and a hotel for nearly two weeks... but I also don't want to wake up with ****roaches in my bed, either...

My friend will not be in town the days immediately following my surgery, but will come just before I'm released. If any of you want to swing by and say hi, I'd love to meet you. I won't be able to dance with you, but it'd sure be nice to see a friendly face or two! I'll probably feel pretty wiped out and lonely for the days after surgery.

Forever grateful for OH and the wonderful people, here.....

Kathy H
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Sheri A.
on 3/29/09 1:15 pm
Where is Dr. Greenbaum's office? I am not familiar with this doctor so if you provide more info, I may be able to help you or at least lead you in the right direction. May 4th will be a great and lucky day for you! It's the day I gave birth to my first child, 28 years ago!
Ladysweetthang
on 3/29/09 1:35 pm - NJ
kathy I wish I can come see you I live a hour away from Dr. Greenbaum..Hopefully If i go back to see him after surgery i'll see you .. I'm going to see ifI can find something on hotels.com  usually on the internet they have some honest reviews or I'll ask my friend who lives in that area

Watch Hot Momma Drop it Like it's Hot..

hockeymom8016
on 3/29/09 9:54 pm - NJ
You should also post this in the DS forum.  There are quite a few people over there who used Dr. Greenbaum.

Tom C.
on 3/30/09 3:19 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Have you thought about contacting AAA and see if  they can help you. I see the Doctor is down "South" Jersey (Willingboro) and I am not too familar with places down there.

Final suggestion - ask the Doctors' (or Hospital) staff if they can help. Betcha they know of some good (reasonable) places.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
DJ
on 3/30/09 1:47 pm - Parsippany, NJ
good luck kathy,
What hospital will you be at.. I am sure they probably have a hotel locally they can make arrangements for to stay or at least provide a discount.. most do.. you just have to ask.
Elisa K.
on 3/31/09 11:19 pm - Lumberton, NJ

Hi Kathy:
I am assuming that you will be having your surgery at Lourdes in Willingboro?  If that is the case,  there are several chain hotels / motels in the area.  I recommend doing a yahoo yellow pages search for hotels in Willingboro, NJ.  Although there are no hotels in Willingboro, it will show you hotels in neighboring towns, and the distance from the hospital (you can put the hospital's address in the search location, and map out the directions).  Then you can go on the hotel's web site to check for what you want in the room / price.  Here is what I found:

In Mount Holly (about 3 miles from Willingboro)
Holiday Inn Express
Hampton Inn
EconoLodge

In Westampton (about 3 miles from Willinboro - near Mt. Holly Hotels listed above)
Red Carpet Inn
Best Western

There is a little mall, and a few shopping centers (one of them has an grocery store) near these hotels, on Route 541(basically on the way to the Hospital).  I think these locations would be the best for Lourdes Hospital. 

I have to say, since I live in the area, I've never stayed at these hotels, but generally, when I travel, I stick to name brand hotels. 

Best of luck!!  If you have any questions about the area, please feel free to PM me.

Elisa

FranHogan
on 8/8/09 1:44 pm
Hello Kathy;
    Fran here.  I decided to join this site to keep in touch with the patients that I meet while on my unit.  Lourdes Burlington has seen their fair share of pts and I am really happy to see them again even if only on the message boards.  I hope all is well !   Take care  [email protected]      
Most Active
Recent Topics