I am asking again sry....

thinkingthin68
on 3/26/09 8:31 am - South Amboy, NJ
 I know I asked already but I am asking once more,  I have State inurance,Horizon Health NJ and I am waiting 2 weeks since my surgeon said he sent in the papers. I was wondering if I should start calling the surgeon or insurnace company,Im scared to make someone mad and they push my paperwork to the side and make me wait. I have been waiting 7 months since I made the chice to get the WLS done,I am a wreck. I am being such a b*tch to my family and I don't want to be. Im just so stressed from waiting and wondering,so please if anybody else has the state insurnace and can tell me how long they waited I would appreciate all and any help u can give me...Thank you so so so much

Denise   sw/308   cw/208  gw/145

Butterfly618
on 3/26/09 8:58 am - NJ
call your Dr office. Speak to the insurance person. Then call your insurance company. That is want I did. You will not upset them.

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Ladysweetthang
on 3/26/09 10:45 am - NJ
when you say state do youmean medicaid or regular federal bcbs...alsoI wouldcallthe insurance company ..if they have no clue call again to speak with another repif that rep has no clue then call your doctor..most people find out their approvals from insurance companies before the doctor office findout..also somethines they sayit cantake 3 to 6 weeks but you may hear something sooner goodluck

Watch Hot Momma Drop it Like it's Hot..

DrMichaelSakowitz
on 3/26/09 1:30 pm
Hi Denise,

As long as you don't have an atitude you will not **** them off.  You have  right to follow up on your request.  I suggest that first you call the Dr to make sure they have submitted the request, find out when, etc and then call the insurance.

Let us know how you make out

DR Mike
Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
Tom C.
on 3/26/09 11:18 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Denise,

My Doctor's office strongly suggested to "check in" regularly with them and the Insurance company. I am not talking every day, but once a week or once every two week is fine (depending how far along in the process you are).

Now when dealing with the insurance company, make sure you denote: the day, date, time and person you speak to. And any information you are given. Make sure you read it back, so there are no mistakes.

I knew I was approved before my Doctor’s office - because I called the insurance company, and once I had all the information I called the Doctor’s office - and they were amazed (and grateful).

Final advice - make sure you SMILE when you talk to these folks. You won’t believe how they can actually hear that smile on the phone. Remember you get more bees with honey then vinegar.

Good luck !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
thinkingthin68
on 3/27/09 12:02 am - South Amboy, NJ
THank you everyone.....I feel like my journey is taking forver... I did the 6 months of weigh ins, did every test they wanted me to do and gave all my letters of clearence to the surgeon...lol... I have the medicaid insurance,which is state insurnace and I picked Horizon Health NJ,which I have had off and on for many years. I guess Im scared and nervous at the same time. Im afraid of the denial, but I am going to start calling  with a smile on face the dr's office then work my way to the insurnace company...Again thank you and sry to be a pain in the a**,you are the only people that understand me now...I woke up with a cold and another zit...dam I feel like I did back in high school, chubby and zitty...yikes... I will let everyone know what happens...ty

Denise   sw/308   cw/208  gw/145

Most Active
Recent Topics