Aetna Question

Mz.Mocha
on 3/4/09 5:30 am
Does anyone have Aetna and got approved for Revision Surgery ? If so, How did you get approved?
Denise Ferriolo
on 3/6/09 7:34 am - Bayville, NJ
Sorry cant help you. I need a  doctor who accepts Aetna POS in Nj Can anyone help?
denise
Wendy E.
on 3/6/09 12:44 pm - Clifton, NJ
I had Aetna Qpos when I had my surgery and everything was completely covered.  My surgeon is Dr. Vadim Gritsus. But he may be quite a hike for you.  Have you gone to the Aetna navigator site to see who might be closer to your area?
Wendy

hockeymom8016
on 3/7/09 4:13 am - NJ

I am guessing you do not have out of network benefits. I have Aetna POS with out of network and Drs. Abkin and Bertha take my insurance.

Renfairewench
on 5/3/09 11:32 am
Dr. David Greenbaum in Willingboro, NJ accepts Aetna POS.
heatherv71
on 3/6/09 9:16 pm - Manahawkin, NJ
SOCH is taking Aetna now

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/09 3:28 am - NJ
Be sure to check the Clinical Policy Bulletins for your specific plan.  Regarding revision, mine reads:

Repeat Bariatric Surgery:

Aetna considers medically necessary surgery to correct complications from bariatric surgery, such as obstruction or stricture.

Aetna considers repeat bariatric surgery medically necessary for members whose initial bariatric surgery was medically necessary (i.e., who met medical necessity criteria for their initial bariatric surgery), and who meet either of the following medical necessity criteria:
  1. Conversion to a RYGB or BPD/DS may be considered medically necessary for members who have not had adequate success (defined as loss of more than 50 percent of excess body weight) two years following the primary bariatric surgery procedure and the member has been compliant with a prescribed nutrition and exercise program following the procedure; or
  2. Revision of a primary bariatric surgery procedure that has failed due to dilation of the gastric pouch is considered medically necessary if the primary procedure was successful in inducing weight loss prior to the pouch dilation, and the member has been compliant with a prescribed nutrition and exercise program following the procedure.

Most Active
Recent Topics