Dr. Reich/Dr. Strom at SOCH

momof2_nj
on 3/3/09 2:35 am - Lanoka Harbor, NJ
Hi, everyone. I'm new on here and was wondering if anyone had any opinions or advice on this group.
sandytoes
on 3/3/09 3:49 am
Greetings!! My name is susan and I am a patient of Dr. Reich's I have not been banded yet my date is May 22nd and I can't wait! I love this group at SOCH. The office staff, Tina, the insurance gal, Kim and the Nutrionist who we afecctionatly call the NUT, is Ginger. These people cannot due enough for you, they will bend over backwards to answere any question you have and will get back to you in a timely fashion. Dr Reich is compassionate and friendly,proffesionall and personable. I have only met Dr Strom once but I get a very good feeling from him. Last month SOCH, Southern Ocean County Hospital,had there very first support meeting at the hospital is conferance room 1. Let me tell you it was standing room only till more chairs were brought in from other rooms. There I met their patients,some who had been banded already and some like me who were waiting to go. The conversations were lively and positive, I learned alot and I heard from their patients how much they liked them for their surgery,how good they were and how much they cared and the patients were well cared for. It only made me more excited . They are having another support meeting next Wed. March 11th at 7:00 in conferance room 1 right off the main lobby of the hospital. I will be there and perhaps I'll meet you too! Good Luck on your journey.
SandytoesSusan
Lost the first 10 lbs. Pre-op
sandytoes
on 3/3/09 3:53 am
Also wanted to tell you if you are considering the Lap-Band, there is a Lap-Band board here that I usually go to. Go to Forums at the top of the page, a box will drop down, go to surgical forums, a box will open on the side and go down to Lap-Band and you will find our message board. It is very lively and the people are very supportive.
SandytoesSusan
mickeycheffers
on 3/6/09 2:06 am - ship bottom, NJ
 yes! everything sandytoes said!

the entire office is extremely knowledgable in bariatric surgery, and will help you with any questions you may have.

They have other Dr's they work with for all of your pre-op necessities ( gastro, pulminary, cardio etc etc)  and give all this info to you.

Making appointments is super easy, no long long waits for appointments or anything like this.  Their support meeting are great and lots of people attend.  Both Dr's  have plenty of bariatric surgeries under their belts.  The entire office staff is just as excited as you will be to get you started on your weight loss journey! good luck! 
 4/2/2009 lap band surgery!

momof2_nj
on 3/6/09 4:53 am - Lanoka Harbor, NJ
Thank you for your responses. Unfortunately the surgery is an exclusion on my insurance policy. Right now, I'm looking at other options to pay for it. I've also been really down since I found out, please pray for me!!
sandytoes
on 3/6/09 5:53 am
I'm sorry, I think it's crazy why Insurance would not cover these things, don't they know in the long run that they will save money on illnesses that overweight people always seem to get. If it makes you a healthier person,you would think they would want that.  What Insurance do you have?
SandytoesSusan
momof2_nj
on 3/6/09 6:30 am - Lanoka Harbor, NJ
It's Aetna PPO, my husband's employer fully pays the insurance. It's an exclusion on the policy. I called and spoke to woman at his job that deals with the insurance. She told me alot of employess have inquired about it, but everytime they're up for renewal the owners refuse to add that coverage.
heatherv71
on 3/6/09 8:50 pm - Manahawkin, NJ
That stinks about your insurance!  Dr. Reich did my surgery 1/29/09 and he's great.  Dr. Fresco was with him and I only met her the day of surg but she was really nice.  I definitely recommend them!

valmg
on 4/7/09 9:24 am
I'm scheduled for surgery with Dr Reich on 04/17 and love his personality.
minnekoda
on 4/17/09 10:45 am - west milford, NJ
I had only hear great things about Strom. Unfortunately when meeting him and his staff, I beg to differr. They have gotten way to big for their britches and things are suffering. Alot of MASS confusion with coverage and particapation. Nothing but a headache! Am not searching for alternatives...
Most Active
Recent Topics