Blizzard on surgery day!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda P.
on 3/1/09 9:39 pm
Grrrrrrrrrrr...my surgery's scheduled for today, I'm supposed to be at the hospital at 11am, but look at the weather!  It's still snowing...how would I  know if my surgery's been postponed or *gulp* CANCELLED???  This sucks majorly...for those who don't know, I was scheduled to have this surgery last May, and on the day I went for my surgery, they nurses told me that I was pregnant.  So I would be devastated (again) if my surgery had to be postponed (again).  

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

~Linda
StaceyNJ
on 3/1/09 10:40 pm - Brick, NJ
Linda

Good Luck today - Please let us know how you make out? Hopefully not cancelled, but the weather is very very bad..I am in Ocean County and we have almost a foot I think

Stacey

hockeymom8016
on 3/1/09 11:49 pm - NJ
This is probably too late to reach you but I asked about this when I went for my pre-op testing before my surgery and was told the surgery would still happen.

surrender44
on 3/2/09 12:30 am - union, NJ

I pray to always remember newbies
After the rain comes the rainbows
w ww.myspace.com/ultranay

Nan1109
on 3/2/09 2:29 am
VSG on 01/25/18
 Linda, hopefully, you're recovering from surgery right now! My surgery was 12/19, which was the last major snow we had! When I got the call the night before to confirm the time, I was told the hospital's always open! We drove home that night in major snow, but it went as scheduled. Please let us know how you made out! 

fun2be_09
on 3/2/09 3:56 am - Mcguire AFB, NJ
 Good Luck 
tshabazz1967
on 3/2/09 8:37 am
God Bless!!
frogger528
on 3/2/09 11:14 am
Good luck. Hope all went well and you are off to a speedy recovery.

Linda P.
on 3/3/09 5:51 am
Hi, everyone!  Thanks for your well wishes.  I called the hospital and was told that the surgeon was already at the hospital, which made my day!  I dug the car out myself and my hunny and I drove up to the hospital.  I had to be stuck FIVE TIMES in order to start my IV...even after I specifically asked for the anesthesiologist to do it.  The nurses each took a stab (literally) and finally gave up.  But then, even the anesthesiologist, who has a stellar record for only one jab, had to do it twice!  The first IV slipped out.  Apparently, I ruined his record.  So, I was poked five times on Monday and three times last Friday for lab work.  I officially have the worst veins ever.  I'm a bit sore in my belly and feel tightness in my stomach.  But I feel OK.  :o)
Michelle F.
on 3/3/09 11:02 am
So glad you were able to be banded!    Congratulations!

Michelle
Band to Sleeve Revision 3/1/11

Most Active
Recent Topics