Fills under Fluro - Bertha/Abkin patients

shel
on 3/3/09 3:04 am - Howell, NJ
Stacey,  I understand your predicament.  I would suggest you look into possibly using Dr. Washington at CentraState Medical Center in Freehold for fills and after care.  He does not require three separate appointments, he does not do his fills under flouro and he is quite good at hitting the port the first time.  However, I don't know whether or not he would be willing to take on a patient he did not band himself.  I would also caution you not to see anyone else in his office, my advice and experience is with him only.  Good Luck,

Michele
kidnee
on 2/28/09 11:23 pm - WILLIAMSTOWN , NJ
If I were you, I would do them all under fluro. they can see exactly whats going on. They can tell if the band has slipped or any other problems.

I think it is great practice. 

However, I am not an expert because I do not even have a band yet. But am in the health profession

Donna      HW 242   SW 227  CW 117 

reillye
on 3/5/09 10:35 am
Hey there - just FYI, all fills, be it in office or in hospital require 2-3 trips.  I've had 3 fills, 2 in hospital with fluoro and one in office.  I made the appointment for the 2nd fill at the follow up for the first fill, so I was able to skip one appointment that way.  

Good luck,
Eileen
bgaylz
on 4/15/09 1:15 pm
Hi Stacey

I remember emailing you when you were going to Kingsley Inst for your eval so how did your surgery go? I'm so a sham I have not had my surgery because I afraid of being put to sleep I'm not sure were that fear come from anyway hope all is well.

jackfre
on 4/21/09 3:33 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/15
HI Stacey,
I highly recommend you have your fill sunder fluoro.  I had alot of problems by not having mine and I ended up changing docs due to being over filled several time (that is not fun).  I am now being treated by Dr. Bertha/Abkins and have my fills at St Peters in New Brunswick if you have them there it will cut your ride in half at least on the day of the fills.  And then you can always meet up with me and we can do lunch, I live very close to New Brunswick.

Jackie

StaceyNJ
on 4/22/09 2:39 pm - Brick, NJ
Jackie

It sounds like a plan..a fill then lunch...How long did the fill process take when you went there? Dr B told me it takes longer to register at the hospital then the actual fill takes. After a fill did you have to go back for a visit?

Talk to you soon
Stacey

jackfre
on 4/22/09 11:57 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/15

Dr. B is right it did take longer to register then to have the actual fill.  I was there about 45 minutes but only because they were running late the fill only took about 5 minutes.
I am going to call today to see about getting an appointment.
Talk to you soon,

Jackie

StaceyNJ
on 4/24/09 10:06 am - Brick, NJ
Hi Jackie

I hear they are going to do fills soon in the building that they are in - Did they mention anything to you?

Stacey

Livewell
on 4/24/09 9:46 pm - Chatham, NJ

Hi Stacey,

I understand that they are now doing fills in the office, but if you don't follow the guidance by your insurance, then it will cost you about $150 or $200 per office fill.

Thus far, I have only had one fill.  It was under fluro, but it was 4ccs.  Because of the way they do it, you will get much larger fills at the hospital than you probably would in the office.

BTW, just be careful with the procedures there.  I just tried to make an appt for another fill and I was told that I had to come in for my check-up before I could even get the next fill scheduled, even thought my last fill was almost 2 months ago.  I was annoyed because they never mentioned a post-fill visit, but I do understand that it all has to do with how insurance is billed.  So, now I have to first wait for my check-up and then get an appointment for another fill.  I am going back to the hospital, though, because I would definitely want the fluro version done again so that they can get me as close to restriction as possible.

Good luck!!

StaceyNJ
on 4/24/09 10:50 pm - Brick, NJ
Are they doing them in the office or at the radiology place in their  new building? Dr B told me they were going to start to do them in the new radiology offie in the new building and you would b eable to schedule the fills right on line....

Stacey

Most Active
Recent Topics