Nervous about approval....

merlinspride
on 2/26/09 9:32 am - lindenwold, NJ
 Hi everyone...I am new here...born and raised a Jersey Girl.  My surgery is scheduled for 03/23/09!!!!  We are submitting for insurance approval tomorrow.  I am going to go crazy for the next two weeks  waiting for approval.  I did the three month multi dis. program through Aetna..but am nervous.  The surgeon has been wonderful, but his office manager was a little negative about my paperwork.  She felt I would be denied as I dont have six months with my Dr.  Here is what I have
4 Months with PCP and Medical Necessity Letter
3 Months with NUT along with notes and letters for each session
Cardio Clearance
Pulmonary Clearance
Gastro Clearance
Chest Xrays
Stomach ultrsound
blood work
Psych eval
Personal letter from me detailing prior attempts and how my quality of life has declined and what I am doing to prepare for Post Op life
exercise logs
new contract with recently joined gym
Nine year weight history
BMI of 66
Severe Sleep Apnea, Metabolic Syndrome, Pre Diabetic and Gall Stones (have to have GB out)

I am going crazy waiting....what do you think my chances are?  I originally posted on the Insurance board, but there isnt too much activity over there.

Thansk
Steph
StaceyNJ
on 2/26/09 10:23 am - Brick, NJ
Godo luck Steph..Im not sure of your chances of approval but what I do know is that if your insurance requires a 6 month supervised diet there usually is nothing you can do to get around it...if you dont have it they willnt approve.. Does your insurance require it?

Stacey

merlinspride
on 2/26/09 10:48 am - lindenwold, NJ
 Hi Stacey...actually Aetna has two regimens for approval.  One is with the six month supervised diet and the other is a three month multi discipliary regimen.  I believe I have completed the three month..but you never know with insurance approvals.
Tom C.
on 2/26/09 10:29 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Welcome aboard to the "Approval Rollercoaster" !! You will definitely have some highs and lows - but remember in the end you get to where you need to be. So sit back, "enjoy the ride" and it will all work out !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
prettyjersey
on 3/8/09 5:54 am - Newark, NJ
Hi to a fellow Jersey Girl!

I know in addition to the PCP, I got letters from all the other doctors I go to. (gyno, allergist, ENT, and my old peditrician). As weird as it sounds, that helped alot!

You should ask any other doctors you go for letters of medical necess. for surgery. If they feel awkward about the surgery itself, (some might) ask them to write a letter to attest to your obesity over the years. That helps as well as more proof.

Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics