I need help!

DonnaMaria
on 2/26/09 6:25 am
I have had my band for 2 1/2 years. Since that time I have had it up to 2.2cc's and down to 1cc which is where I am now. I cannot get it past 1 cc which means I can still eat quite a bit of food. Last night at Panera I was able to eat the entire 1/2 soup and 1/2 sandwich meal. I was comfortable but not over stuffed.
I have had the band for a long time so please don't ask me if I am drinking my water or eating protein first because my problem lies in the fact that the band can't get enough fill to make it as effective as it should be.
So at this point I have gained 10 lbs. since my lowest which brings me up to 210 to 212. I am wondering if I should consider having the gastric bypass? I should really be around 150. I LOVE my band but it does alot less for me because of the fill issues than it does for most people. (I have a 4 cc)
Does anyone know of a true "bariatric center" in the Northern Jersey area? I would love to go to a place that I could get some exercise, advise, support group and nutritionist all in one.
If anyone else is going through this problem please let me know. It is very frustrating and my Dr. just shakes his head and says, "it happens". Great!

Thanks,
Donna Marie
VickiVega
on 2/26/09 8:30 am - China Grove, NC
Its not in NJ but i HIGHLY recomend Barix Clinics in Langhorn PA.
They are amazing and are great with questions!!

Good Luck!

Tom C.
on 2/26/09 10:34 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Donna Maria,

I know Morristown Memorial Hospital has a lot of what you are looking for.

Here is their link:

http://www.atlantichealth.org/en/morristown/services/bariatr ic+surgery/classes+and+support+groups.html

You may also want to try seeing another Doctor for their opinion. I highly recommend mine - and they have everything you need, except for an exercise placement.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
shel
on 3/3/09 3:09 am - Howell, NJ
Try Dr. Jean-Baptiste, his is a center of excellence with a comprehensive care program, including a nutritionist, etc.

good luck
shel
on 3/3/09 3:11 am - Howell, NJ
Try Dr. Jean-Baptiste, he is great and they are a center of excellence with a full program, nutritionist, etc.

good luck

Michele
Most Active
Recent Topics