Lap Band message board

sandytoes
on 2/26/09 6:12 am
In case some didn't know, there is a Lap-band message board on this site, go to Forums and when the screen drops down, go to surgical forum,then a screen will open on the side that has all the different surgical procedures on it, hit Lap-Band and you will find the message board. I tend to use that one alot since that's the surgery I am having done and I have read a few questions on here that Banders were getting confused with RNY patients. Just thought it might help if people didn't know.
SandytoesSusan
Lost the first 10 lbs. Pre-op
Michelle F.
on 2/26/09 9:07 pm
I'm so glad you posted this, the Lap-band board is amazing.  I've made a lot of really good friends on there, many from NJ!  There's no judgemental bull**** like on some of the other boards, and people there will support you and cheer you on like family!

Michelle
Band to Sleeve Revision 3/1/11

Tom C.
on 2/26/09 11:32 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
>> There's no judgemental bull**** like on some of the other boards << I certainly hope you're not talking about our little group

And for those who had the Realize band, you too have your own forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/realize-band/a,messageboar d
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Michelle F.
on 2/27/09 1:02 am
Tommy I think you know better than that!  Some of the other websites are not as nice as we are.

Michelle

Tom C.
on 2/27/09 3:13 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
do know you .. that's what I asked for a clarification !!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Michelle F.
on 2/27/09 6:24 am
Hey, you're in so much trouble next time I see you!!!!!!!

sandytoes
on 2/27/09 12:06 am
I soo agree that the Lap-Band board is a little more positive, what I like too is that is is very active. There are big differences between RNY and Lap-Band, not saying that one is better than the other,but it really helps to deal with people who have had the same surgery.I saw Lap-Band people asking about dumping..and you do not have that with the Band. All the surgeries require a different eating lifestyle. Best to learn what YOUR surgery requires.Good Luck to you Michelle and thanks for your response. from one Jersey Girl to another..
SandytoesSusan
Lost the first 10 lbs. Pre-op
Kae B.
on 2/27/09 3:34 am
I agree - the Lapband site is great.  When I first came to OH I was in the gastric bypass forum
and very depressed over the quick weight loss - not the case with Lapband.  So I changed
the forum in my bookmarks.  There's also a 50+ Lapband site with very very caring people
there as well.

Katherine B
Most Active
Recent Topics