disability

tammy12345
on 2/24/09 8:23 am
Hi all. I was wondering if I qualify for temporary disability after the surgery being I wont be able to work. Any info is appreciated.

Tom B.
on 2/24/09 1:01 pm, edited 2/24/09 1:01 pm - Runnemede, NJ
I am not sure what your cir****tances are, but it is possible to apply under NJ law

I applied and was approved for  "State Disabilty". talk about paperwork!

I have been back to work since Feb 1st and still waiting for 2 checks from January.

Apply early and keep following up w/ the paperwork in order to keep the checks flowing if you qualify.
Weight
Consult/ Sugery/Current/Goal/lost
358.4         347     217    218   141.4
7/31/08 12/18/08-03/24/2010 

Timing is everything.

I sure hope my scale is correct.lol

http://www.myspace.com/f14tcjoe

look me up on Facebook too    
Tom C.
on 2/24/09 8:31 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Tammy,

Not sure which type of surgery you will have, but I was banded and was back to work in two weeks. I could have gone back sooner, but I had vacation time coming.

I do know someone else who took "short term Disability". Like Tom B said - she stated there was a lot of paperwork involved. However her Doctor's office did most of the work for her. Maybe yours can too.

Good luck !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
StaceyNJ
on 2/25/09 4:10 am - Brick, NJ
Yes you should qualify for it as long as you will be out of work and disabled for 2 weeks.  You would be covered under the state program as long as you did not have a private disability program that would cover you.

I didnt find that there was alot of paperwork...1 sheet you have to fill out...1 your HR has to fill out and 1 for your Dr's office....

Stacey

tammy12345
on 2/25/09 6:20 am
Thank you everyone! Being able to have an income is relieving. That lets me be sure I will have proper healing time.
surrender44
on 2/27/09 3:15 am - union, NJ
That is where I fit in.  In additon, I applied for FMLA  for job security. 
I pray to always remember newbies
After the rain comes the rainbows
w ww.myspace.com/ultranay

Tom B.
on 2/25/09 12:17 pm - Runnemede, NJ
Being out for 6 weeks. I had to keep submitting paperwork saying I would be out for 6 weeks.
Weight
Consult/ Sugery/Current/Goal/lost
358.4         347     217    218   141.4
7/31/08 12/18/08-03/24/2010 

Timing is everything.

I sure hope my scale is correct.lol

http://www.myspace.com/f14tcjoe

look me up on Facebook too    
Most Active
Recent Topics