Kingley Health Update

dollarbill
on 6/9/09 6:54 am

WEIGHT IS ONLY A NUMBER! Success is measured in inches.  When I started with Kingley in August 2008, I was shopping in only big & tall mens shops.  My suit jacket was size 58.  My suit pants were size 56.  I was a junior jumbo.  Today, I had the pleasure of going to Joseph A Bank with a size 50 jacket & a size 46 pants!  THANK  YOU KINGLEY!

On a recent trip to Fort Lauderdale, FL imagine my good feeling when the seat belt in the plane fit me with room to spare!  Hip Hip Hooray! No seat extender today! THANK YOU KINGLEY!

The other day, I needed new shorts.  I went to Walmart, because my size 48 where to bulky & uncomfortable.  Imagine my surprise when I went into the dressing room & tried on size 42 & it fit with room to spare!  THANK YOU KINGLEY!

Dr. Bertha did a magnificent job in installing the lap band in my body.  BUT THAT IS ONLY A TOOL. You need the support of an organization like Kingley for that tool to work efficiently.  You must change your lifestyle for this surgical procedure to work properly.  Kingley Health is the driving force in making these lifestyle changes possible.

LizJ2134
on 6/9/09 12:38 pm
Hi,

I just want to say how wonderful I feel when I go to exercise at the Kingley Institute.  Everyone is very nice and caring.  I have had my share of depression, anxiety, and stress, and I must say that the Kingley Institute has helped me alot with these problems.  I  haven't lost alot of weight, but I feel wonderful.  I could sleep better at night, I have more strength, and I am not tired all the time.  Also I have lost inches, and I have built alot of muscle. The instructors and nutritionist are great.  I would definitely refer the Kingley Institute to anyone.

Sincerely,
yrufat
on 6/9/09 2:27 pm
Hi Frogger, Sorry to hear about your experience with Kingley Institute. I'm shocked because I've had nothing but positive experiences with them. I was never pressured in any way to become a member with Kingley which I have been since Jan.2007. In fact I stopped attending for a short period of time (boy was that stupid) and the were completely understanding and when I decided to go back they were very welcoming like seeing family that you haven't seen in a while. That's really how I feel when I'm there like being with family!! Obviously everybody has their own opinions and you are intitled to yours. I spoke to a bariactric surgeon *****quired his patients to go to ONLY the nutri. and psych. that he worked with, in addition to the fitness center of his choice all for an minor additional fee of $2150.00 after insurance coverage (which I have two health insurance companies which he both accepted. I'm not sure which surgeon your seeing but as far as know I don't think Dr. Bertha requires you to go to Kingley. I wish you the best and hope that all works out for you and GOOD LUCK with everything!!

M. Hajduk
Tom C.
on 6/11/09 1:41 am, edited 6/11/09 4:56 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

I am glad to see Kingley has helped many folks on the board. And I praise any facility that actually cares about their members, and help them achieve their goal.

With that said, my experience with Kingley wasn’t a pleasant one. I will concede maybe they had an off day, but others on this board echoed my sentiments – so who knows. Maybe after reading how many were displeased with the way they run their operation, they changed. And I praise them if they did. However I don’t think I will be going back to them.

I will admit, I am suspicious concerning all the current praises. Seems to be too many too soon. Especially when it appears the profiles that are leaving praises are created the exact day the praise is left. And those profiles aren’t updated, nor is there any relevant/pertinent information included with the profile (example, Doctors, operation, Location, PICTURE, etc). Then agin, I am a suspicious person by nature.

For all those who had a wonderful experience, I am glad and hope it continues. For those who haven't, maybe giving them another try is worth it. 

For me, they are too far.  

More suspicion .. I just noticed it took 2 months for a positive replies from folks who used Kinsley, and then they all came out of the wood work all around the same day. And many have the same ‘writing style’. Again ..this all just makes me wonder ..

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
yrufat
on 6/11/09 1:07 pm
Hi Tom, Tom I believe we met at the last Seminar at St.Peters. I was there with my wife. I think you were there and were one of the speakers up front? There was a gentleman who was a mason and a woman who had surgery approx.3-4 years ago? Any how I was truely amazed at your success if that was in fact you!!  I've chosen Dr. Bertha and I'm waiting to get all of my requirements met pre-op. Can't wait to feel good again. Hope all is well.

M.Hajduk
KingleyHealth
on 6/16/09 7:22 am
Hi Tom -

Thank you for highlighting the issues that you had at Kingley Health.

However, I am little confused because you had your surgery on January 29, 2008 and we were not working with Drs. Abkin and Bertha at that time.  We did not start working with them until late summer of 2008.

Furthermore, we have looked in our patient management system and we have no record of ever having seen you at any of our facilities.  If this is in error, please feel free to contact us and we will address your specific experience.

Thank you
Kingley Health Management
Tom C.
on 6/16/09 7:57 am, edited 6/16/09 11:49 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

You are correct that my operation was done 2008, before you folks started working with ALS.

However I was present with other patients when they attended your facility. I have also been contacted by others who have gone to your facility, and they were questioning my experiences going "independently" vs. what they experienced. In fact, I was also present with one person who met with ALS to speak about their experience.

As I mentioned, my biggest concern with ANY Practitioner/company that deals with Weight Loss patients is that a patients feel additional pressure during a time when their anxiety is already heighten. I firmly believe/agree that exercise and nutrition is important in being successful. However, most of these folks are only coming in to get the minimum out of the way in order to begin the WLS process. From what I saw, and what has been told to me, many leave feeling a little dishearten because they felt they were being asked to do “additional" steps even before they have their wits about them. 

Having gone an independent route, I never felt pressure. Both the nutritionists and psychologist both explained the benefits of joining a facility, or doing follow-up visits. But their number one priority wasn’t to get me to join a facility or plan my follow-up visit, but to make sure I was ready to make the biggest life changing decision of my life. That was their number one concern.

Now to be honest I have not accompanied another patient recently, and maybe you folks have modified the way you now conduct the process. I understand it takes time for "all the bugs to be worked out". If so I am glad.

I truly understand your facility has helped many, and I don't begrudge or diminish that wonder feat. In fact I applaud your company. And truth be known, maybe if there was a facility closer by me I may be inclined to have joined (like I currently am enrolled in another gym).

I wish your company continued success. And with more “feedback", I believe your facility will address what is needed, and eventually could become a great addition to the ALS partnership.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics