Got a date!

shoregurl
on 2/18/09 12:05 pm - toms river, NJ

It's finally happening. My surgery is scheduled for March 2. I cannot believe it's almost here. All the hard work was so worth it. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I'm grateful to all of you who share your stories, the good and the bad and I can't wait to see you all on the loser side! 

Shannon  

Nannette
on 2/18/09 10:41 pm - Toms River, NJ
Congrats Shannon -- Hope you will attend one of the Toms River OCWLS Support Group meetings in the future.  We have a great group and meet the first Friday of each month at Community Medical Center, Aud A at 7pm.  Next meeting is Friday, March 6 which may be a bit soon after your surgery, but if you feel up to it -- come on down.  If not, our next TR meeting is Friday, April 3rd.  Here's info on our group.

The Ocean County Weight Loss Surgery (OCWLS) Support Group is a peer-to-peer group which is open to individuals who have undergone various types of weight loss surgery, or to those who are anticipating or planning this kind of lifestyle change.  Supportive family members and friends are also welcome.

Our group members have had their surgeries performed by various WLS surgeons and hospitals, and we are not affiliated with any specific WLS surgeon or hospital.

Pre-Registration is Not Required.  If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.

Note:  OCWLS Support Group employs a self-help model and does not give medical advice.  Any information provided and/or obtained during the meetings is for educational purposes only and is not intended nor recommended as a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care professional regarding any medical condition or treatment.

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Tom C.
on 2/18/09 10:45 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Shannon,

Great news !! Congrats and GREAT luck !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
frogger528
on 2/19/09 11:36 am
Congratulations Shannon. I'm right behind you. Just got my date yesterday March 17th. So glad it is so soon so that I can't chicken out. It helps knowing that there are others out there going through it right around the same time.

Good luck!!

Tom C.
on 2/19/09 9:41 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Frogger,

Congrats to you too !! And you have one of the best Doctors around. So you should have nothing to worry about :) !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
knailnhair
on 2/19/09 10:03 pm - Milford, NJ
I'm sooo excited for both you!!!  Can't wait to hear how everything goes!!!!
Best of luck...
Kimi
Elizabeth2953
on 2/19/09 9:46 pm - Freehold , NJ

Congratulations!!  My thoughts will be with you on the 2nd. I wish you the very best!!

thinkingthin68
on 2/20/09 4:39 am - South Amboy, NJ

WAY TO GO !!!! im waiting patiently for mine. I think we started on here together...Let me know how it is? CONGRATSon ur way to be a loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol...

Denise

tjjbsmom
on 2/23/09 9:42 am - NJ
Congratulations and good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 2/23/09 11:38 am
Congrats! I'm set to go for March 27th. Did you're insurance approval go through?
Most Active
Recent Topics