Kingley Health Question

knailnhair
on 2/18/09 12:13 am - Milford, NJ
Has anyone gone to the Kingley Health facility for the psych or nut evals?  I was referred to them via my surgeon and am just wondering about them.

I have Cigna and when they called me to set up an appointment yesterday, they said I would have to pay 250.00 up front and if my ins co did pay that much I would be reimbursed. They also said they wouldn't charge me extra if my insurance co didn't match that.

So my question is...has anyone used them and had Cigna Ins? Has anyone been reimbursed by them?
Linda58
on 2/18/09 2:05 am - Berlin, NJ
I did not go to Kingley Health for my Psych., but my insurance Amerihealth did not pay for this eval. I had to pay $350.00 out of pocket and they (Ins.) did not reimburse me. Not sure how Cigna works.
Linda58
"LOSING IS A GOOD THING"
WHAT THE MIND BELIEVES THE BODY WILL ACHIEVE
Friends, support members/groups and a great surgeon are important people you need in your life.

DrMichaelSakowitz
on 2/18/09 11:36 am, edited 2/18/09 11:37 am
Perhaps I should increase my fee?

Maximum out of pocket at my practice is $175.

Just for the record, if you have Cigna you are only responsible for the co pay.

I have seen many of Drs Bertha and Abkin pts over the years.

Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
knailnhair
on 2/18/09 10:01 pm, edited 2/18/09 10:15 pm - Milford, NJ
On February 18, 2009 at 7:36 PM Pacific Time, DrMichaelSakowitz wrote: Perhaps I should increase my fee?

Maximum out of pocket at my practice is $175.

Just for the record, if you have Cigna you are only responsible for the co pay.

I have seen many of Drs Bertha and Abkin pts over the years.

Thank you for your reply Dr. Sakowitz....awesome news about the copay.  This is all so new to me, just trying to figure out the best route to take!!!

Where are you located??  I'm sure you'll be hearing from me!!!!
Kimi

Plum1967
on 2/20/09 2:24 am
I can vouch for Dr. Mike.  I was sent to him by my surgeon's office when their original referral was taking too long to get people scheduled, etc.

As he said, I paid $175.00 up front, and did get back a partial reimbursements from my medical insurance (I have Empire BCBS).

Dr. Mike was very nice, the appointment wasn't long at all (spent most of the time filling out paperwork/taking a test), and his report was to my surgeon's office within days.

This was all back in February 2007, by the way.

Best of luck to you!

~wendy

I've partnered with Team In Training to raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

If you want to help fight blood cancers, please consider donating at http://pages.teamintraining.org/nj/rnr12/wnystrom.

Thank you for your support!

knailnhair
on 2/20/09 2:53 am - Milford, NJ
Thanks so much Wendy for your imput!!!  I really appreciate it.  Once I get finished with this week, I'm going to give Dr. Mike a call!!!

Thanks for wishing me luck as well!!!
Kimi
DrMichaelSakowitz
on 2/19/09 2:57 am
Hi Kimi,

I have three offices. One in Wayne, one in Lincoln Park and one in Paramus.

You can reach me at 973.696.0800

We'll be glad to schedule you.  I get my report to your Dr. within 24hrs.

Good Luck

Dr Mike

PS Don't worry I do not intend to increase my fees
Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
knailnhair
on 2/19/09 3:35 am - Milford, NJ
Dr Mike....

Hahaha this is awesome!!!

Your office in Wayne would be easiest...I'll give a call....how long of an appointment will this be?

Kimi
DrMichaelSakowitz
on 2/19/09 4:46 am
depends a little on how quickly you fill out the forms.....usually people are done and on theri way in a hour
jeannefitz
on 2/19/09 6:53 am
Hi, I do not recommend Kingley, I too was referred by my surgeons office. I had a lot of problems with them before I even scheduled an appointment. I ended up cancelling the appointment anyway because they gave me incorrect information (3 times) and couldn't get their act together or give me a straight answer. I paid $150.00 out of pocket to someone recommended by the nutritionist I saw. $250. is ridiculous and a lot more than Kingley quoted me in November of 08 when I was trying to have my psych eval done. My insurance would not pay for the appointment, I have NJ Direct/BC-BS. Hope this helps
Most Active
Recent Topics