Bad Experience

KennethR667
on 2/17/09 1:14 am
Stay away from Dr. Mehta, had a procedure done with him and had to go to another surgeon for corrective surgery. Just a friendly warning.
tshabazz1967
on 2/17/09 7:37 am
Thanks for the warning!
Virginia H.
on 2/21/09 3:38 am - forked river, NJ
Sorry you had a bad experience, but Doctor Mehta is a very good doctor.My husband had his gastric by pass in 2005 and doctor Mehta did his surgery. No problems. Then one night, my Tom had his first dumping episode. Doctor Mehta personally called us back at 10 P.M.  Explained the whole thing to him and told us this was called dumping and told  Tom to take a teaspoon of suger and it worked! I would have picked him for my sugery, but he's out of our insursance network.
AngelaEsq
on 2/23/09 3:57 am - Toms River, NJ
A teaspoon of sugar to correct dumping?   Anyone else confused?
chell1957
on 3/12/09 9:50 am - Woodbury, NJ
Hi. While I do not have an RNY, I have VSG, I read someplace that some folks with RNY can have issues with low blood sugar...I am diabetic and had to learn about low and high blood sugar symptoms. If I remember correctly, the symptoms of high and low blood sugar  are almost the same. Sweating, shaking, light headed...The spoon of sugar was to correct the levels in his blood sugar? Glad your hubby has stayed away from starches. wink wink

http://verticalsleevetalk.com/private.php
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_lightweights/

Virginia H.
on 2/23/09 6:10 pm - forked river, NJ
Don't know how to explain it,but my husband ate some pasta and started having his first dumping experience.Sweating, couldn't breath,I thought he was having a heartattack. Called doctor Patel,told him what was happening and he explained that this was dumping. He told me to give him a teaspoon of sugar,which I did. And it worked.I don't know why, it just did.My husband was sore for the rest of the night and to this day will not touch pasta of any kind.
MyQnA
on 2/23/09 10:57 pm
I guess I am curious to know more about your experience.  i had the most wonderful experience with this surgeon and his practice. I hope your new surgeon was a better experience and you are recovering fine.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Most Active
Recent Topics