Anyone used photos to help document 5 years obesity??

Elizabeth2953
on 2/16/09 3:33 am - Freehold , NJ
I have Horizon BCBS HMO Direct Access. I'm having trouble with my proof of obesity for at least five years. If anyone has been able to use photos to help document, I would be most grateful to hear from you.

sandytoes
on 2/17/09 7:18 am
I would ask the insurance person in your surgeons office. I'm sure they have come across this before and could help you. I had to list all the diets I had tried and of course failed at. Good Luck
SandytoesSusan
Lost the first 10 lbs. Pre-op
Kae B.
on 2/18/09 3:32 am
I have NJ BCBS Direct 15.  Don't know if it's the same as yours.

My primary had records from my annual physicals for the past five years.  He had to list the
five annual dates and my weights in his letter of medical necessity that he sent to my surgeon.

In that letter also he typed up from his his handwritten notes details of the six months of medically supervised visits I made to him for weight loss,  which gave my weight, my weight loss, the diet he gave me, calories, etc. and other things.  He also sent his handwritten notes along.  (I lost 3 pounds.)

Then he typed why he felt this was medically necessary for me to have Lapband surgery.

My surgery coordinator then faxed that letter, his handwritten notes with all the other stuff
to BCBS.

Good luck!

Katherine B
Elizabeth2953
on 2/19/09 9:43 pm - Freehold , NJ
Thank you !! I really appreciate you both taking the time to reply to my post.

Most Active
Recent Topics