surgery date 2-26

sharone123123
on 2/15/09 11:29 am
Hi  I'm from South Jersey and having a RNY on the 26th. Currently I'm on the pre-op liquid diet. Never thought I would miss solid food but just trying to keep busy hoping the next two weeks go by quickly. Any words of advice?????????Thanks, Sharon
5kids
on 2/16/09 8:26 pm - Clayton, NJ
Hi Sharone,

I'm from South Jersey too.  I had my RNY done on 2/3/09 so I'm just a couple of weeks post-op.  I had my surgery at Kennedy.  I was not told to go on a liquid diet pre-op and post op I found I couldn't handle broth.  My advice is to walk walk walk.  It helped my recovery.  I still have pain on my left side where all of the action took place and it can be excrutiating but I keep moving.  I just try not to make any sudden movements.  I am down 22 lbs in 2 weeks.  Good Luck with your surgery. :-)
sharone123123
on 2/19/09 8:54 pm

Thanks for responding. I have been told that walking is very important. My doc believes in going on slimfast/liquid diet for two wks pre-op to shrink the size of the liver to make his view clearer when he enters. Did you have your RNY via lap or where u opened. I am keping my fingers crossed that I will be done by scope. Keep up the goos work. 22 lbs already is wonderful!!!!

5kids
on 2/20/09 5:48 am - Clayton, NJ
Hi!

My RNY was done laparoscopically.  Having you go on a liquid diet seems to be pretty much the norm.  I wasn't asked to go on a liquid diet pre-op and I'm glad because if I had I may not have gone through with the surgery.  The liquid diet was intolerable.  I got a little dehydrated.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too.  Recovering from a lap is so much better.  My friend had an open RNY and it took her a little longer.  If it turns out that open is necessary that's okay too.  My friend had her's done 5 years ago and she looks great.  Good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics