URGENT PLEA

Elissa H
on 2/11/09 9:33 am - Wilmington, DE
I have a request. Trader Joe's has decided to stop carrying SMUCKER'S diet cranberry  beverage from juice concentrate. There are so few items we can drink. This is 1 that I have loved for the past 5 years. For 8 oz there were 20 calories, with 3 g of sugar. I called Smucker's tonite to find out where I could purchace it. Unfortunetly it was made specfically for Trader Joe's only. If enough of us contact Trader Joe's and Smucker's maybe we could get it on the shelves again. Talk to their customer support reps. Marketing and retail.

Smucker's 1-888-550-9555 WWW.smucker's.com
Trader Joe's   WWW.traderjoes.com
((HUGS)) Elissa

copy of letter i sent to TJ's tonite

I was told last night you will no longer carry Smucker's Cranberry juice from concentrate. After contacting Smucker's, I was told that they made the product specificatelly for Trader Joe's and noone else. I cannot go to another vendor to purchase it.
I had gastric bypass 5 yrs ago, so the fact that there were 3 grams of sugar, only 20 calories, and 5 grams of carbohydrates made it my beverage of choice. I am active in my local WLS community and I often take other patients to Trader Joe's to go through the store, reading labels and learning how to adjust to our new way of eating healthy. There are many products that I endorse as healthy and promote Trader Joe's as a gastric bypass Friendly store. Hope to see it on your shelves again soon. Thanks for your replay. Elissa Hart [email protected].   
mystic
on 2/13/09 8:47 pm - manchester, NJ
hi elissa

there are so many things out there to drink.  im not sure why you are having a problem

there is crystal light, powerade zero,  walmart has copies of all the crystal light in their own brand

there is ligh orange juice on the market, as well as light cranberry juices in several flavors made by ocean spray.

perhaps you need to take a tour of your supermarket or walmart and check out some of the alternatives.  so many new products are on the market these days.

good luck in your searches, jacki

Elissa H
on 2/14/09 5:45 am - Wilmington, DE
Jacki, I was lucky to find a protein drink 5 yrs ago that I loved and still do 2 a day. Red grapefruit crystal light with 1 scoop of unflavored Unjury.  Not gritty and tastes good too. I am very limited because I dislike chocolate and vanilla. Most protein drinks come in those flavors. I do drink crystal light. Decafe ice tea and classic orange. I do like grapefruit and cranberry juice. I work 7 days a week and am my 90 year old Mother's caregiver. I do all my shopping at Shop Rite and Trader Joe's. I do not have a Walmart near me. I hate shopping so once I found my drinks of choice I stopped looking for anything else. But I do appreciate all the feedback. Seems like Oceanspray will do the trick as far as sugar goes. Thanks for taking the time to enlighten me. I am down  235 lbs. I just had my 5 yr visit on Thursday and my labs are awesome. My Dr and I are both estatic. I am an Obesity Help Leader here in Delaware and I attend 3 mtgs a month. Keeps me focused & positive. Hope you are doing well also. ((HUGS)) Elissa
Bern
on 2/14/09 8:42 pm
Hi....

Here's a suggestion for a substitute.

Diet Snapple cranberry-rasberry drink.

1- 16 ounce bottle= 20 calories.

This week A&P's have a 12 pack on sale for 5.99. Limit 3.

Shop-Rite and others carry it also...

Be careful & do not grab the iced tea box by accident!

I know stores also sell the individual bottles- I THINK Shop Re has 6/3.00 this week- so you can try just one!!
BTW- I never cared for cranberry flavored drinks, but I love this stuff!

Bernadette

Jaynebgirl
on 2/17/09 12:35 pm
Elissa,

Did you ever try Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry or Grape/Canberry. They see it in the grocery stores I think it's only 5 calories a glass, it's made with Splenda. Very good my whole family drinks it...Good luck

Jaynee
Most Active
Recent Topics