Has anyone worked with Dr. Mehta in New Brunswick?

LindaS64
on 2/1/09 2:15 am - Lanoka Harbor, NJ
Hi:

I am on the road to weight loss surgery and have selected Dr. Mehta as my surgeon.  Him and his staff make you very comfortable and are very knowledgable and supportive.  Just wondering if anyone out there has used Dr. Mehta and what thoughts they can share with me.

Linda
Denise Ferriolo
on 2/2/09 11:29 am - Bayville, NJ
Hi, Sorry can't help you with your doctor but go to the Surgeons above click on his name and read what others wrote. I am from Bayville. I will have my surgery02/09/09. I have Dr A. Abkin he is a great doctor . He was rated the #1 in Nj for gastric bypass. I hope he is that with me too
Take care and good luck
Denise 
denise
Kathy
on 2/3/09 10:09 am - Hamilton, NJ
I had Dr.Mehta.  He is wonderful.  I am over  5 years out and life is good.  His staff is top-notch.  I have had several complications (not his fault) and he handled everthing.  Even after all this time, I can still call and be treated like a newcomer.  He has also helped me with things that are not related to WLS (appendix).  You will like him.  He's great.
Kathy
thismomrocks
on 2/14/09 12:04 pm - Hillsborough, NJ
I can tell you what I was told, and I didn't research it further since I completely trust the source.  I am diabetic so when I was considering WLS, the first person I talked to was my endo.  I would go to the ends of the earth for my endo as he is amazing, smart, and informative.  Having said that, I asked him about Dr. Mehta (I would always hear the radio commercials).  He said he would absolutely not want me to go to him.  That Dr. Mehta was asked to leave practicing at Robert Wood due to his extremely high rate of complications.  He said he was not a safe surgeon to go to.  He did recommend Dr. Valeri Andrei (spelling is close) and Dr. Robert Brolin.  I ended up going with Dr. Brolin and have been very happy.

Just check out your doctors closely.  Like I said, I didn't bother looking into Dr. Mehta, but I completely belive my endo, and he would know.

Good luck with whoever you decide on!
Ellen

Virginia H.
on 2/21/09 3:57 am - forked river, NJ
I 'm sure every  doctor has had some kind of complications doing surgeries. Doctor Mehta is a very good doctor.You have to research and make your own choices. But I would reccommand Doctor Mehta to anyone.
Most Active
Recent Topics