I'm Back and On the Loser's Side!!!

amysue36
on 1/31/09 12:38 am - Pittstown, NJ
Hi All,
I had my RNY on 1/28 and was only in the hospital overnight!!!  I could not believe it went so fast!  I feel somewhat tired and weak, but I have to keep sipping and walking anyway.  I was amazed that the pain was so much less than I expected and I love, love, love my doctor!!! 

Any advice on what to eat for my "full liquids" would be appreciated!
I'm on my way down.

Thanks for all your good wishes!
Amy
laura9488
on 1/31/09 2:17 am - Denville, NJ
Welcome to the losers bench!
Try different protien shakes. You can't put fruit in this early but flavored sugar free syrups
will help the taste.  Or make protien hot chocolate, mix in chocolate protien powder with sugar free hot chocolate mix. 
Good luck!
Linda_Sue
on 2/2/09 9:24 am
Hi Amy,

I had my RNY on 3/10/08 with Dr. jean Baptist as well.  I agree he was great.  It is amazing how you have no pain.  Once the gas pockets moved I was good to go.  I was 1 of his last surgies at Muhlenburg Host.  He is in JFK now right?  As for what to eat, Judy will go over all that with you in detail.  She'll give you a list of just what & how much you need to eat.  She'll also give you sample menues to follow.  The protien shakes are great & very important.  I also chicken broth, get the sodium free.  SF jello is good, 1/2 apple juice 1/2 water mix, You'll move out of this stage & onto soft foods pretty quick.  It gets easier from there.  Just remember Judy & Kathy are there for you on this journey.  Any questions, call or email them.  Of course you can ask any of us that have been there & went thru it already but do always rely on what they say if in doubt.  If it's not to far, try to make our support group meeting this Saturday @ RWJ Fitness center.  Check out Sheraine email with more details.  It's a great group & we have fun, exchange story & ideas.  Hopefully you'll be at Dr. JB support group meeting on 2/19.  Please introduce yourself so we can meet.  Support is a great tool to have & I think it helps keep us on track.

Take care & good luck as you become a "LOOSER"  (bet you never wanted to be called that before - LOL)

Linda
amysue36
on 2/3/09 6:45 pm - Pittstown, NJ
Thanks Linda!  I had my first post-op visit yesterday and am now on pureed food.  Not bad and I've already lost 12 pounds in one week...............amazing!
I can't make Saturday but am trying to make Dr. JB's on the 19th.  I'll try to introduce myself if the opportunity allows!  Take care,
Amy
knailnhair
on 2/12/09 10:02 pm - Milford, NJ
Hi Amy,
I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing??  Hope all is well...
Kimi
Most Active
Recent Topics