Dr.Bertha/Abkin Lapbanders!!!!

Vicki87
on 1/27/09 10:40 pm
How long until your first fill???? I go for my 6 week appointment today. I have heard that they don't like giving fills for a few months... I'm hoping I can convince Dr.B otherwise.

But just wondering how long until you got your first fill??
Was it done in his office?

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Vicki

StaceyNJ
on 1/28/09 2:04 am - Brick, NJ
Vicki

Great questions?? Let me know how it goes I would be interested in knowing..as I am a soon to be Dr B Bandster.....

Good luck today
Stacey

mickeysantiago
on 1/28/09 3:04 am - bayonne, NJ
By any chance are you Vera's cousin? Anyway, I got my first fill six weeks after my surgery.
Tom C.
on 1/28/09 4:30 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
What I like about Doctor Abkin and Bertha's approach is they monitor your "success" before they decide about a fill. Some Doctors feel a fill should be done after "X" amount of weeks. While Doctors A & B will see how you're doing, they also take your opinion into consideration. Only you know you.

Before you decide if you need a fill, ask these questions

Are you still loosing weight? If yes - then why do need one?
Are you gaining weight? If yes - then you need one.
Have you stopped loosing weight for more then a month? - If yes, then you may need one.
Are you finding yourself hungry often? - If yes, then you may need one.

For me, I had the operation 1 year ago, and I have only 1 fill (at my 6 month mark). I know I need another one now since I been yo-yoing for the last two months. Again, this is all a personal decision. As I mentioned before - ONLY YOU KNOW YOU !!

Let me know if  I can be of further assistance.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Vicki87
on 1/28/09 9:32 am
Hi!

I don't have any cousin's named Vera (that I know of!) Sorry about that! Thanks for your response!

Vicki

StaceyNJ
on 1/28/09 11:31 am - Brick, NJ
Hi Vicki

How did it  go today?

Stacey

Sugar Free Candy
on 1/29/09 1:05 am - VA
Let me know how it goes!!!
huntermom
on 1/30/09 3:34 am
I was banded by Dr. B on 10/13/08.  He  would not set up a fill appt at my 6 week visit because I was still losing weight on an average of 2.5 to 3lbs/week.  At my 3 month visit, I was scheduled to see his nurse practictioner who allowed me to schedule a fill.  I am going to Morristown on 2/19/09.  I've lost a total of 29 lbs since surgery and am stuck at this point.  I am also able to eat more than I used to and am hungrier.  So I am looking forward to my first fill.  This is the best thing I have done for myself.  it has changed my health for the better and how I take care of myself. 
Huntermom
Seminar 7/25/08
Dietician & Psych 8/11/08
Consult & 3 hour class 9/24/08
Ins approval 10/1/08
Banded 10/13/08
     Nicholas Bertha, MD
     Florham Park, NJ
Vicki87
on 1/30/09 6:56 am
Thank you for sharing!!! Let me know how it goes!!

Vicki

Most Active
Recent Topics