Would like to make a friend

sandytoes
on 1/23/09 2:57 am, edited 1/23/09 2:59 am
I would like to meet some who are scheduled around June to have Lap-Band. I am from the Long Beach Island area in Ocean County. I am having my surgery at the Center for Bariatrics at SOCH {Southern Ocean County Hospital}. I hvae just about finished all my testing and what isn"t done is scheduled. I have Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield and I am so afraid something  is going to throw a monkey wrench into the coverage. I am so nervous about that. I started my Nutrition classes in December and go once a month, I have seen the Gastro guy and had a Endoscope done, I have seen the Cardio guy and had blood work done for him, I have seen the Pulmonary guy and am scheduled for a function test next Fri. Psych. exam next week. So far everthing is fine with all of them. Don:t care how many hoops I have to jump through,just don:t want any insurance problems. I guess we all have our different fears about this, mine is insurance..haha.  So if you are having this done soon also ...Lets be friends
SandytoesSusan
Lost the first 10 lbs. Pre-op
StaceyNJ
on 1/23/09 11:33 am - Brick, NJ
Hi

I am Stacey... - live in Brick - scheduled for the lap band in 2/24 - I also have my Psych and Nut. Eval. next week as well... would love to have Ocean County Bandster friends - How is your journey going so far? Feel free to PM me

Stacey

lisyemarie
on 1/27/09 5:18 am - Forked River, NJ
Revision on 01/25/13
Hi Guys,
I am in Forked River.. I had my surgery 12/12..
Lisa

Lap Band ~ 0.0cc

"The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal.  The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach"

sandytoes
on 1/27/09 5:57 am
Hi Lisa,
It looks like your on your way to a real good start...How was the first month?? When did you start solids? Do you have problem foods? I'm like a blotter,I just can't get enough info.  haha
They made my surgery for May 22nd now. So Happy Memorial Weekend to me.. Anything you want to share is fine with me. thanks
SandytoesSusan
lisyemarie
on 1/27/09 6:07 am, edited 1/27/09 6:07 am - Forked River, NJ
Revision on 01/25/13
On January 27, 2009 at 1:57 PM Pacific Time, sandytoes wrote: Hi Lisa,
It looks like your on your way to a real good start...How was the first month?? When did you start solids? Do you have problem foods? I'm like a blotter,I just can't get enough info.  haha
They made my surgery for May 22nd now. So Happy Memorial Weekend to me.. Anything you want to share is fine with me. thanks
I too was like a sponge before my surgery... I did alot of research, asked alot of questions... Joined a support group....

I am doing well, have lost all my weight post-op, I felt the 1st onth was a breeze, but the majority of banders will not agree... I started solid (not mushy) at one month...

You should check out the LapBand board

Lap Band ~ 0.0cc

"The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal.  The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach"

sandytoes
on 1/27/09 6:41 am
How do I get to that board? thanks
SandytoesSusan
lisyemarie
on 1/27/09 7:44 am - Forked River, NJ
Revision on 01/25/13
go under forums, then surgical forums, then lapband

Lap Band ~ 0.0cc

sandytoes
on 1/28/09 2:18 am

Thank you!!!!

SandytoesSusan
Michelle F.
on 2/1/09 5:15 am
Susan the Lapband board is wonderful, come check it out, it has been a huge help to me over the past year.

Michelle
Band to Sleeve Revision 3/1/11

heatherv71
on 2/1/09 8:39 am - Manahawkin, NJ
Hi Susan!

I just had surgery at SOCH with Dr. Reich on Thursday!  They're great.  He did the surgery with Dr. Fresco.  I didn't meet her until the morning of the surg but she was really sweet.  I loved her.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask me!
Most Active
Recent Topics