Anyone used Dr. Bertha or Dr Abkin?

Joules360
on 1/11/09 11:55 pm
Hey:

Just wondering if anyone has used Dr. Bertha or Dr Abkin for their Lap Band Surgery and if they thought they were good surgeons for this procedure?

Thanks,
Joules
surrender44
on 1/12/09 1:20 am - union, NJ

Dr. Abkin will be doing my surgery.  I have heard nothing but good about them.  Some of the staff was another story.  I went to their seminar and felt very confrontable with their presentation and knowledge. There are lots of people who had their procedures with them.  I am sure some will come along.  What stage are you in?  I have my consult with Dr. Abkin on the 22nd of this month.  Huggs Carolyn

Tom C.
on 1/12/09 1:58 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Dr Abkin did my surgery almost 1 year ago (Jan 29th) - and I can't say enough about either Doctor. I call them Doctor Right hand and Doctor Left hand - either one is fantastic !!

Instead of wasting space here, feel free to email me at [email protected] and I will answer any question you have .. HONESTLY !!

Good luck .. you won't go wrong ...

And in case you want to post on their webpage too ..

http://alsom.proboards105.com/index.cgi? (you will need the question mark
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Denise Ferriolo
on 1/13/09 12:33 pm - Bayville, NJ
Hi I am having my surgery done at St Peters on Feb 9th. The office staff were very kind to me  and helpful.  I was told I was well prepare. I had all my testing done and extras before i stepped into the office.  I will write you back to let you know how things go ok. You can email me back at [email protected]  it is easier. Good Luck to you,

Denise
denise
Suzieq4783
on 1/12/09 3:19 am

Hi Joules

Dr. Abkin did my surgery on June 10th and I have to say that he is the absolute best doctor I have ever been to. He is awesome and will spend as much time with you as needed to answer questions and make you feel comfortable. Good Luck!

Sue

Joules360
on 1/13/09 10:11 am
Thank you all for your comments on Bertha and Abkin....I see that everyone is very happy with their work.  That is encouraging. I am in the very early....thinking about it stage....I will have a hard time qualifying as I only need to lose about 50 pounds.  It doesn't sound like much...but I have been losing and gaining it back ..time and time again over the last 20 years. I want a more permanent solution and this seems to be the answer.

Joules
hockeymom8016
on 1/12/09 9:26 pm - NJ
I had Dr. Bertha for my RNY and I love him!  I met Dr. Abkin at one of my follow up visits and thought he was great too. My PCP highly recommended Dr. Bertha and everyone I talked to in the medical field (friends of mine) said they had excellent reputations. 

StaceyNJ
on 1/13/09 10:08 am - Brick, NJ
I have Lap Band surgery scheduled with Dr Bertha on 2/24...like the others have said they are great Dr's...Dr Bertha took all the time needed to answer all of my questions during my visit to him. Their staff up to this point seems good... and organized...I know that others in the past have mentioned that they have waited awhile in the waiting room to see them..but my experience was the opposite..I wasnt even done filling out my papers and they were calling me in... nothing but good things to say..please keep us posted on your journey....  

hockeymom8016
on 1/13/09 9:32 pm - NJ
My first visit I had to wait a very long time to see Dr. Bertha but after that my appointments have been on time.  I will say that after he did an emergency surgery on me in the middle of the night I can understand why a surgeon would sometimes get behind in his office hours. 

reillye
on 1/17/09 4:52 am
I'll echo teh good comments everyone else said.  I will also add that in the past I had trouble with office staff and wait times, but it seems to be somewhat better these days in the wait times, and much better in the office staff.
Most Active
Recent Topics