Am I Crazy?

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/09 10:55 pm - NJ
Okay Fam... help me out.

I'm 12 days post-op.  I have no idea how much weight I've lost because I don't own a scale (yet!).  I go for my 2-week follow up on Tuesday.

Color me crazy, but is it possible to visibly see changes in my body already?  I mean, it's only been TWELVE DAYS!  To me, my face looks thinner.  Also, I know for a fact that my feet are smaller - and not just the 'water weight loss' kind of smaller.  My shoes have fallen off a couple of times (almost busted my a$$ this morning going down the stairs 'cause my shoe FLEW off!).

Is this this even possible?  Or is it all in my head?
laura9488
on 1/10/09 3:19 am - Denville, NJ
No you are not crazy
although i swear the limited early preop diet made me a bit loony
i lost weight first in my face, feet, hands, wrists
not from the stomach-i  am apple shaped
i also walked right out of my shoes
lost a shoe size and a half pretty quick
my face is way thinner than it was the last time i saw this weight
(ahem)in the early 90s.
Congrats on being on the "losers" bench!
Maybird07712
on 1/10/09 3:33 am - Asbury Park, NJ
Yep, sure is possible. I know I feel lighter. Put on a swimsuit I bought in 07 that never fit. Not only did it fit , but I looked good. Bought new sneakers, 8.5 2e not 4e and they fit really well.
Don't forget to get somebody to take some pictures, I'm doing my first set on Monday as I will be three weeks out.
Keep your eye on the prize, Violet!!
Eye on the prize!

womeninharmony
on 1/10/09 4:07 am - Philadelphia, PA
Congratulations!
U R on da loser's side! In da begining I lost my wedding rings, a few days later my birthstone, 2 braceletts and even a hat that blew  right off in da Philly wind! January is da best time 2 have da surgery cuz when people really begin 2 see U they will be so shocked! We get 2 hybernate so 2 speak in da dead of winter but I rememba when da spring came, ALL eyes were noticing me & my disappearing act! Just take it one day @ a time! And please 4 CHRIST sake don't go out buying all these new clothes! I think we all have a story 2 share about this 1! I was losing so fast that I had 2 start going in da confinement & thrift stores! It was amazing how my weight dropped from day 2 day literally! So again I say congratulations! Use wisdom as far as clothing cuz you can buy something 1 day & 2 days later it can be 2 big! UR journey has truly now begun! njoy UR trip!.....................BYE4NOW!................Until Next Time................Love U 2 Life Girl......................Becky
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/09 9:39 am - NJ
Hi

YES! It is definately possible.   

I went to the doctor's at 10 days out thinking I hadn't lost anything although others told me my face looked thinner.   40 lbs - yes 40 lbs was what I was down the first 10 days after surgery.

Good Luck and let us know Tuesday what the doc says!!!

Vicki
50ftqueenie
on 1/10/09 9:46 am
Nope, not crazy. I started seeing a difference in the area on the side of my chest down to my waist (the part that would go in on an "hourglass" figure!) within a week. It was crazy.
msenviichiq
on 1/20/09 9:18 am - Bloomfield, NJ
no ur not crazy in two weeks my momz saw a change in my face and just last week my shoes slip off so i tighten my laces and i just had my surgery in 11.11.08 and i only lost 21 pounds but i expect stuff like my shoes slippin off already

Pootze010709
on 1/20/09 9:33 am
Congrats on your journey. You are not crazy. One week after postop I looked in the mirror and was like " Holy snikies" I'm missing a chin! I was so happy and alot of people noticed too that my face looked thinner. I'm still wearing sweats b/c they are most comfortable. The port side LOL is still healing.  Great job and keep it up. You'll me more smiles in the future.
Patty
(deactivated member)
on 1/20/09 9:41 am - NJ
You all were right!  I wasn't crazy!  At my 2-week follow up appointment, I was surprised to learn that I had lost 30 pounds since my day of surgery!  OMG!  Talk about amazed!

I still haven't purchased that scale, but I will... soon!
Most Active
Recent Topics